Seventy-three

Casey

This was finally it. Graduation. Thinking about it, I've been through so much this past year. Everyone was telling the truth when they said senior year was going to be more headache than the previous years, even though I had four classes.

Groaning, I wipe the seat that lightly coated my forehead. I didn't understand why we had to have this ceremony outside while the sun felt as though it was blasting 100 degree heat at our faces. Tanning wasn't my forte, especially since my skin was already a shade darker than caramel.

Any darker and no one would be able to see me at night. I tie my hair up, glad that I decided the night prior to straighten it. Curly hair and humidity don't exactly mix. I was glad I'd be getting my diploma but I wanted to hurry and get into A/C. But, as per usual the staff and faculty have to waste our time speaking about their backstories.

Which is stupid, this was our graduation. Why are we hearing about anyone else who is not part of the class of 2021? Rolling my eyes, I pull out my phone smiling. Due to the fact that alphabetical order was easier to process, I wasn't with my friends. The only two from my friend group who were in the same letter range were Jasmine and Desire, but they don't exactly get along well.

My smile widens as we get a text from Duke. 

Blonde Playboy: Someone throw a grenade on stage, they won't shut up!

Sister kisser: If we blow up the stage, we won't be able to graduate

Blonde Playboy: Then what do we do?

Des...perate: We could always just tell them to STFU

Ex-booty-call: I mean it's not as bad as having your ear talked off by a certain someone because you're the closest friend to her

Des...perate: Hater

Ex-booty-call: Hating on what exactly? Anything you have I can get quicker

Des...perate: Yeah everything but a stable relationship

My mouth falls open as I laugh at my messages. That was harsh on Desire's part. But she had a point, Jasmine sucked at keeping a relationship for more than a few weeks. I wasn't too surprised when she and Duke confessed to trying to date again only for it to not work out. Again.

Ex-booty-call: Consider yourself single then. I'll find someone who I can keep a stable relationship with.

"What?!" I hear a very familiar voice yell in the crowd. I snicker and quickly reply to the situation.

Me: That's not surprising. All that's next is for Jasmine to somehow end up with Edwin as well, mind as well fuck the whole group, right Jas

Ex-booty-call: Fuck you, Casey

Me: Oh you already have, that was kind of the point

Blonde Playboy: Damn. But are we seriously going to ignore the fact that Jasmine and Des are dating? I thought you guys hated each other

Sister kisser: They do say opposites attract. You've got the really bitchy annoying one and then you've got the.... 

Blonde Playboy: Not really opposites when you think about it, huh?

Me: Okay, okay. We're not doing that, Jasmine isn't bitchy nor annoying

Des...perate: I'm not either!