Nineteen

Kathryn

"What was that about?" I question once Casey exits the classroom. Emily shakes her head, "I just wanted to tell her about her missing assignments." I raise a brow at the blonde to see if there was more to her story. But she doesn't give. I just roll my eyes and continue with the conversation. "I actually need to talk to you about something."

Emily nods her head for me to continue. I take a seat at the desk next to hers and let out a breath. "I invited her over tonight to hang out" I can't contain my smile at the thought of it. Emily shakes her head and glances at her phone. "Did you break up with Thomas?" she questions.

Suddenly I was annoyed by the thought of him. Especially since she brought him up. "Why does it matter?" I question instead of answering her question. The blonde glares at me. "Thomas may have been a jerk.. 100% a jerk but that won't make you any better if you go an cheat on him."

"Who said anything about cheating?"

Emily stands from her seat and makes her way to me. She squats down in front of me and grabs my hands, rubbing the back of them with her thumb. "You know as much as I do, that inviting Casey over was a stupid idea. As much as I support and ship you two, I rather do it while you're a single woman. There's a 80% chance that you two will make out."

I can't help but to scoff. "For your information, I tried to dump Thomas. The night Casey and I almost kissed. He knew it was coming and talked right over me."

The blonde rolls her eyes, "Asshole."

I smile at her insult. "Em, I know what I'm doing. In my heart and in my mind, Thomas is not my boyfriend. He's just a possessive--" I stop and search for the words.

"Asshole? Dipshit? Douche? Jerk? Cunt? Bitch? Whore? Man-whore?" Emily gives me suggestions. I can't help but to laugh and nod my head. "But if I do end up cheating, are you going to hate me?"

Emily sighs and shakes her head, "I could never hate you babe. You're my best friend and I love you and support you so much. Hey, our group is a whole bunch of lesbians!"

"Sophia and I are bisexuals."

Emily stops and smiles up at me, "Did you just come out to me?"

"I think I just did" I smirk. Now all that was left to do was cuff my jeans.

- - - - -

The moment I made it home, I decided to remove my dress. As hot as it made me look, it was cramping my figure. As I strip I glance down to my small belly fat and frown. I definitely put on some weight in this relationship. The sound of knocking, grabs my attention. I wasn't expecting Casey so early.

"Uh... Just a moment!" I yell hoping she'd hear me. I quickly put on a long tee and my old gym shorts before rushing to the door. I open it, fully expecting Casey Kings. Instead I got Jasabelle Wrights. My mouth falls open at the sight of my friend.

"Hey" Cane smiles as she places all her weight on one leg. I eye her in confusion. Why was she here, so out of the ordinary? "Uh, hey?"

"Did you miss me? I've been M.I.A for a while, I missed you" the white haired woman says as she enters my apartment. In shock and at a loss of words I close my door behind her. I follow the woman to my couch and take a seat. "How have you been?" I question feeling out of place by her presence.

Cane was one of my best friends, but I had been so focused on my job and Casey, I hadn't even noticed she wasn't around. The last time I spoke to her, we had a fight about my new found crush. "I've been great. I did some soul searching. I met this girl, she was cute but she wasn't you. How are things with Thomas? Are you two still a thing?"