Thirty-one

Kathryn

I smile at the girl standing just feet away from me. The hallways were crowded with students and every now and then she'd get distracted by her friends. I frown and shake my head. My students enter my classroom, reminding me that I have a job. I don't get paid to smile at pretty girls. My happiness is taken away as soon as a tall man stands beside me.

"She's cute isn't she?" Rai questions nodding his head. I roll my eyes in annoyance with the man. He's like a weed, unwanted but still present. "What's her race anyways? Is she black? Kinda too pretty to be just black though."

I furrow my brows at the man's comment and glance at him in disgust. Before I could open my mouth and get any words out, the bell rings. I place my hands up in a surrendering way before closing my door and walking to my desk. 

I take in a deep breath and slowly exhale. I'm not going to let him get to me. "Alright class, today we will be going over the final! I will hand out study packets in a few minutes."

"What's going to be on the final?" one of my students asked. I let out an irritated breath, "Everything we've learned so far. Hopefully, you'll all be able to ace this semester." 

- - - - -

My head snaps to the sound of light taps on my door. I notice the familiar silhouette in the small window and find myself smiling. I wait for a few seconds before the tapping continues, forcing me from my seat. I walk towards the door, cracking it just to tease her. Brown sparkling eyes meet my own.

"Can I help you?" I joke glancing down at her plump lips. The girl takes notice as she smirks before licking her lips. "Maybe not. But I know I can help you."

I pout and open the door wider, "You're a really mean girlfriend to me sometimes. You better be glad I like you, now get in here."

Casey smiles warmly at me as she steps into my classroom. I close the door behind her and watch her in amusement. She turns to face me before sitting on my desk. She curls her pointer finger, forcing my feet towards her. Once I get in front of her, her smile widens exposing her pearly whites.

"Since you're using the big word, I can assume we're dating now" Casey spits. I place my hands up to surrender, "I'm sorry." She shakes her head causing her bouncy curls to jump around. I chuckle at her bring her lips to mine. "Hey, I like you. A lot and the word girlfriend scares me but I want you to call me that."

Her confession makes me smile, "Are you turning soft on me?" I poke her ribcage. She can only giggle at the small tickling on her side. Her hands raise and she grabs my face, pulling me into her. "Kathryn, be my girlfriend."

I bring our lips together, feeling that huge tingling sensation that runs through my body. I moan into the kiss, as my hands land on her thighs. With the arousal from her tongue invading my mouth, to her hands holding me at the waist, I felt like I could care less about my job and the consequences of what I am doing.

However, Casey pulled away just at the climax of our kiss causing me to groan. I lean back into the girl to continue our kiss but she moves her head to the side. My lips land on her cheek. I roll my eyes and lick the spot. 

"My parents are going out of town Friday night and want me to house sit. Do you want to house sit with me before finals next week?" the brown-eyed girl smiled. Her eyes focus on my own, waiting for an answer. I can't help but to smile at the idea. Having a relaxing mini-vacation with my girlfriend before I have to stress about finals. 

I let out a long breath at the thought of grading. "Yeah, sure. I would love that" I agree.

Her brown eyes twinkled in happiness before her lips are planted onto my own. In order to tease the girl, I pull away and take a step back. She only rolls her eyes. "I have to get back to class anyways, Mrs. Evans will probably kill me if I'm any later."