Thirty

Kathryn

"Ow," Casey hissed pushing me back a little. I frown at the girl before taking notice of her bleeding lip. "I'm sorry baby" I coo before taking her bottom lip between my teeth and sucking on the wound lightly. Her eyes meet mine as I move away. Finally, the elevator door rings as we step onto our floor.

I reach into my purse for my keys when I hear noise coming from Casey's apartment. I stop in my tracks and glance back at the brown-skinned beauty. Her cheeks were red in embarrassment. I raise my brows and chuckle lightly. I head towards my apartment, just in time to hear moaning. 

Not again. "Hey, would you like to go out on a walk or something?" Casey spits. I don't have time to answer as she grabs my hand and pulls me away. We get back into the elevator, retracing our steps until we make it outside. I can't help but laugh at the situation. I glance at the girl, taking in her appearance for the nth time today. 

My eyes scan over her face, noticing the small spark of excitement. Her brown eyes meet my own and she smiles. "What?"

I shake my head and glance away. Taking a walk was probably a bad idea. Especially when I had a stalker now. Who's to say Rai isn't somewhere around the corner trying to get pictures of us together for his 'proof'. I frown and glance over my shoulder, to see if my theory was correct. I sigh in relief when I don't spot anyone around.

"What's wrong?" Casey questions, her luscious voice bouncing on my eardrums. My head snaps in her direction. "Nothings wrong. Are we going to walk?" I question. She eyes me cautiously, almost as if she's reading me. Time stops moving for a few seconds as she takes a step too close. Her hand cups my cheek, her eyes pull me into her.

"Hey, if you're paranoid about Mr. Rossen you don't have to keep that from me" she whispers in the softest tone. I could feel my heartbeat slow to a soothing rhythm from hearing those words come from her. "I'll try my best to keep you safe when I'm around."

I smile at her reassuring words. "I don't think it's best to walk. He could be anywhere and we would overlook him if we're not careful."

The girl nods her head. She pulls me over to her car, unlocking the doors. I get into the passenger side and close the door. Casey gets into the car as well. We sit in silence for a few minutes before she glances over at me. "Let's talk. I don't exactly want to go anywhere but I know for a fact that I like talking to you."

I smile smugly at her words. I could see the instant regret in her face. I chuckle and set my things down between my legs. "How are your grades?" I question.

Casey frowns and eyes me. "Never mind you're the worst person to talk to right now" she jokes with a short chuckle. I roll my eyes but wait for an answer. If there was one thing I knew about Casey Kings, it's that she takes her grades seriously. Casey sighs and glances away from me. "I'm passing all my classes."

I nod my head, as to be expected from Casey. 

I could feel the tension growing between the two of us. The last we'd spoken to each other was our date which was weeks ago. I turn in my seat, facing the brown-skinned beauty. She really had lovely skin that almost seemed to sparkle under the sunlight. Once again I soak in her beauty. 

Her curly hair was pulled back and out of her face into a low messy bun, exposing the light freckles that were scattered over her face. How had I not noticed before? Her thick and naturally arched brows furrow as her brown eyes land on me in confusion. "Your eyes aren't brown" I spit. The girl raises her brows in confusion.

"I mean, obviously they are, but they look redder in the sunlight." 

"Your way of describing is really cute."