Seventy-four

A/N: I sincerely apologize, I forgot to update!

Casey

I cock my head to the side, my eyes never leaving Kathryn as she spoke to the cashier. She tucks her card back into her wallet before grabbing the receipt and our cups. My eyes trail from her braided brown hair, past her exposed shoulders, and to her cute ass that was prominent through her jeans. She moves from the counter, checking the receipt and approaching the table.

"I think I should've gotten the oreo shake instead of the vanilla shake" her voice grabs my attention. I look away from the cashier and towards my girlfriend. She sighs, eyes landing on me. "I'll survive. Emily is supposed to meet us there."

Nodding my head, I sit up in the booth and grab her by the hand, pulling her to take the spot beside me. She chuckles, placing her hand on my bare leg. "Are you nervous?" I question, throwing my arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer. She chuckles, "About getting a new apartment? It won't be my first."

"Yeah, but this apartment complex is different from where you currently live. It's a gated community and they have active security. And from what Sophia told us, they're really strict on who they let live in their apartments. What if your neighbors are assholes?"

Kathryn hums. "I guess I'm not nervous because you're here with me right now and you'll be with me when I apply for the apartment. And You'll be with me until August so if I have any asshole neighbors you can put them in their place before you leave" the brunette smiles.

I kiss her cheek with a smile, "You're damn right baby. I dare someone to say something to you. I will beat the sh--"

"Aren't you still recovering from your injuries?" the brunette questions sarcastically. I lick my lips cocking my head to the side, my eyes still on the beauty. "I will still beat the shit out of them. I don't care if I had a broken leg. I have to keep my baby safe" I mutter, raising my hand to cup her face.

Kathryn smiles, leaning into my hand. "Kathryn!" we hear and jump apart. The brunette chuckles and stands, leaving her belongings on side of me. I watch her head to the front to grab our order. I watch in annoyance as the cashier tries to flirt with her once again. The woman shows that she's not interested but the boy continues.

I sigh, it's always the men. They can never take a fucking hint. I stand from my seat and make my way over, "Babe." Kathryn turns to me, realizing what was happening. She smiles and shakes her head, grabbing the tray and heading back to our table. The cashier shows obvious annoyance in my presence.

He begins to walk away but I stop him, "We're missing a vanilla shake."

His eyes trail over to Kathryn, realizing that he had in fact forgotten her drink. He nods his head, swallowing down his ego. "I'll get that right to you."

I chuckle and nod my head, turning to spot Kathryn. The woman was too focused on the food to notice my hungry eyes on her. All I could think about was our visit to the doctor's office. We'd been told she either suffers from Dissociative identity disorder or Bipolar Personality disorder. 

We wouldn't know which one until Doctor Wells called us, which we're expecting a call later this week."Here you go."

I bring my attention away from my girlfriend, grabbing the shake. I lean over the counter, startling the cashier. I smile kindly, "You know, the key to being attractive is when women tell you no, you listen. The persistent creepy shit," I trail, keeping my eyes on his. "Will get you beat the fuck up."