Fifty-three

Casey

I smile unintentionally at the sight of Kathryn entering the office. What can I say, she attracts all eyes, including mine. The clearing of the throat grabs my ear and I glance towards the principal. He glances between Kathryn and I in disapproval. My smile only widens when the woman makes her way over to sign in. 

"Good morning Ms. Howard" I say dopily. The woman glances over to me with a kind smile, trying to hide away her love for me. "Morning Ms. Kings. What are you doing bothering the principal so early in the morning?" she questions. 

Principal Espinoza decides to intervene. "She was asked by Mr. Petes to grab his classwork while he went to take his daughter to school."

Kathryn nods her head. "Well, I hope you two have a good day. I should get going."

Once the woman is out of the office, I bring my attention back to the chubby man. Eventually, he hands me the work for our class and I'm free to go. I quickly rush to my first-period class, happy that the doo was unlocked. I set the papers on the desk and turn to exit the classroom when the bell rings. I groan internally. I was so hoping to flirt with Kathryn before class started.

Students begin filling in the seats. "Where's Mr. Petes?" one of the students questions, looking around -Audrey, if I remember correctly. "Uh, taking his daughter to school. I'm going to make a pit stop, if he arrives can you tell him I went to the uh..." I trail thinking. "Restroom" I lie. 

The brunette smirks, knowing exactly that going to the restroom was the least of my concerns. "Of course, don't get caught." I exit the classroom and head down the hallway. I make it downstairs only to bump into principal Espinoza. I groan as I take a step back. "Where are you heading Kings? The bell just rang you should be in your class" the man hisses.

My eyes grow wide. "I was.. heading to the restroom" I lie. I try to walk around the man but his voice stops me. "There are restrooms upstairs. Why did you pass those ones."

I roll my eyes, internally. I let out a breath "I was going to go to my car first to get my notebook since I forgot it," I quickly lie. The man eyes me for a few seconds longer before heading up the stairs. I let out a breath and decide to head towards my car for real. I cannot go back to class empty-handed or he'll know something is up. 

- - - - -

As soon as 4th period ends, I sneak my way towards Kathryn's classroom. "I've been dying to come see you all day" I groan entering the classroom. I stop dead in my tracks as the eyes of several other teachers' and Kathryn's eyes land on me. I suck in a breath, hoping I didn't just put Kathryn at risk. 

"Miss Kings, so kind of you to drop in. We were actually deciding who would be heading to the office to retrieve our lunch. Would you be kind enough to go fetch that for us" Kathryn speaks up. I eye the brunette before nodding my head and quickly making my way towards the office. She is so going to kill me tonight!

Once I get the pizza I head back to Kathryn's classroom, bumping into Emily on the way. Her blue eyes meet mine. "Casey! My favorite student," she says kindly. I furrow my brows at the woman, "What are you trying to bribe me to do now?" I question. She takes a box of pizza, "Just tell them that they only gave you this many. I'll reward you."

I roll my eyes and shake my head. "Well, you better hurry up and not get caught. Otherwise, the reward will be double." The blondie smirks and leaves to her classroom, shutting the door behind her. I enter my girlfriend's class, setting the pizza on her desk. I bite my cheek as I notice the newly joined member of their staff meeting.