Eighteen

Casey

By the time I woke up, I had several missed calls from Edwin and Cassandra. I ignore them just as I did last night. I push myself out of bed and head into my restroom. I couldn't fathom why I was so upset with the fact that my sister and best friend kept their secret away from me. Everyone lies about their relationship, especially when they don't know how others react.

I guess, I was more upset at the fact they kept it from me for nearly a year. I'm Cassandra's only sister, only sibling for that matter. I would expect for her to tell me her secrets, especially if they involve my best friend. I let out a breath as I continue to get ready for the school day. I couldn't continue skipping school. 

Once I'm clean and dressed, I head out my apartment. I groan at the sight of Thomas. I roll my eyes at the man. I was irritated with the sight of this man. Why was he even here so early in the morning? I lock my door and ignore his presence as I walk past. My eyes land on Kathryn, in all her glory. She wasn't wearing anything special. She was just in a skin tight dress that stopped an inch above her knees.

My eyes stay glued to her legs as I struggle to walk towards the elevator. I manage to trip on my own two feet and fall onto the carpeted floor of the hallway. Kathryn rushes to my aid. "Hey, Casey are you okay?" she questions as she helps me sit up. 

I blink several times before my eyes land on her radiating beauty. I try to form words, but fail the longer I stare at her. "Case, are you okay?" she questions again, bringing my eyes to her lips. 

I take a deep breath and let it all out slowly before forcing my eyes away from her and nodding my head. "Y-yeah. Yeah, I'm fine, g-great. I should go, I'll see you later" I spit out nervously as I rush to my feet and towards the elevator. 

Once inside and confided in my own space, I run my hand down my face. What the hell was that?

As I exit the elevator, I notice two faces. Immediately, for the second time today my mood is ruined. I scoff and walk around the couple who just follow me. "Casey, you can't ignore us forever" Cassandra hisses as I reach my car. I unlock my door and open it. I pause and chuckle before looking at the two of them. 

"I can, just like you two ignored me for nearly a year." With watery eyes, I get into my vehicle. I crank it up and pull out of the parking garage before they can get another word out. I let out a shaky breath as I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Was I being to harsh on them? I glance in my rearview mirror at myself. 

I make it to school in 30 minutes. Slower than usual, but usually I don't have to fight back tears to see clearly. I wipe my face and make sure I don't look as though I have been crying my eyes out before entering the building. I groan at the sight up ahead. Edwin surely wasn't going to give up easy. 

I quickly hide behind a few kids as I try to escape his eyes. Unfortunately the kid bends over to tie their shoes. My eyes meet his and I escape down a very familiar hallway. My feet drag me into Kathryn's classroom. My eyes land on the brunette, who was turned away from me, writing on her whiteboard. I don't bother clearing my throat for her to acknowledge my existence.

Instead I acknowledge her flawless calf muscles. Women in heels do something to me. This woman in particular, is driving me insane. 

Kathryn turns and yelps as her eyes land on me. I apologize and walk further into the classroom, stopping besides her desk. "Morning" I say, trying to act as if I hadn't seen her this morning. It hasn't even been a hour.

"Good morning. I see you're feeling better than you did earlier." My brows shoot up and I nod my head before couching nervously. "Uh, yeah."

The sound of the bell breaks my attention away from the brunette. I glance behind me to the students who begin entering. I point behind me and glance back to Ms. Howard. "I guess, that's my cue. I'll see you later."