Sixty-nine

(Sixty-nine, ha)

Kathryn

Prom was just in a couple of hours. Seniors were excited, this would be the last event they would participate in before graduation was the main focus. I wasn't as excited as others but I promised to have just as much fun as any other teacher would. 

I exit my classroom, holding important paperwork in my hands before closing my door and making sure it was locked. Today I would take the first step in getting rid of Rai Rossen. Something I had been beating myself over. Was I sure I wanted to do this? Was it a smart decision to make? 

Sighing, I force away any regrets as I make my way to the office. My heels slap against each tile as I make my way to the Principal, my heart beating with every step. I was doing this for me and for Casey. I still hadn't spoken to her about this idea, but she didn't need to worry about me. She needed to worry about graduating with the rest of her class.

I step into the office, "Good Afternoon Ms. Howard" Mrs. Bundy smiles. I reply with a soft smile before heading into the back to speak with the principal about urgent matters. Getting to his door, I knock three times and wait patiently. 

The door opens, revealing the overweight man. He eyes me before smiling and stepping aside to allow me into his workspace. I take a seat and watch as he does the same. "Good Afternoon Ms. Howard, is there something I can help you with?" he questions.

Nodding my head, I place the papers in front of him, not daring to utter a word. He arches a brow before eyes land on me in surprise. "A resignation form? Ms. Howard, have you thought this out clearly? You haven't worked here long."

I smile and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "Due to personal matters, I believe it is best I resign. I have enjoyed my time here but the longer I stay here the worst my situation becomes."

He frowns, eyes still on me, "Do you mind me asking what this situation is? Surely we can do something to help you, you're one of our most talented teachers. Kids have been passing expectations since you've been here."

My eyes land on my fidgeting fingers. Did I want to go into detail? I swallow the lump in my throat, "Sir, Rai Rossen has been harassing me again. He's already been on campus and I believe I'm not safe here."

The man frowns, shocked at my words. 

"How long ago was this Kathryn?" he questions. I glance around the office, "Early March. I'm sure my resignation is abrupt news, I am willing to wait out the rest of the semester if needed."

Principal Espinoza sighs and leans into his chair, "I don't want to sound selfish but I think it's best that you stay for the rest of the semester. Finals are coming up and the seniors are weeks away from Graduation. If that is too much for you to handle we can make this resignation immediate leave."

I shake my head, understanding. "That's fine."

-             -              -              -             -

Casey

I groan as I put on the last piece of my tuxedo. Prom was finally here. Unsurprisingly, I couldn't even be bothered with tonight's event. All I could think about was Kathryn. Even though my date was Desire, my mind was too busy on the thought of seeing Kathryn in a dress (a sight I hadn't seen in a while).

I'm way too excited for my own good. Unfortunately for me, Kathryn was at Emily's house. I wouldn't get to see her until we arrived at the school. I didn't know what was annoying me more, the fact I had to go to prom as someone else's date or not being able to see my girlfriend for the next hour. 

I'm well aware that I'm the one who accepted Desire's prom-posal. I was harshly regretting that decision. I was too nice and naive to reject her in front of all those students, not taking into consideration Kathryn's feelings. 

She said she didn't care but I knew that deep down it was bothering her. Especially now since we almost had sex. But it's too late to call it off, I had to go through with it. I step towards the mirror in my room, taking in my ravishing appearance. Women will swoon when they see me. I snort at my confidence, yeah right.

The only woman who's going to be swooning over me is my girlfriend. And possibly Desire. But then again, things had been sort of awkward since that night at the hotel. The only time she acted normal around me was when our friends were around. 

The ringing of my phone grabs my attention from my mirror. I fix my bowtie and head to the device on the foot of my bed. I answer it, fully expecting Desire to tell me she was ready for me to pick her up.

Instead, the universe hits me with a huge ball of anger as the voice on the other line rings in my ear.

"Prom is such a wonderful experience, don't you think so Miss Kings?" I clench my jaw, wondering if I should hang up in his face or let him ramble. "How did you get my number?" I hiss, going with the latter option.

The man chuckles, "I dated Kathryn for a month, you think I wouldn't memorize all the numbers in her phone?"

Hearing him say he dated my girlfriend wasn't lightening the mood. It's like he wanted to die. I scoff, "You didn't date her. You forced her into a relationship she already said no to" I interject. He laughs again causing me to cringe. I pull the phone away from my ear, ready to end the call, and block his number. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. We have business to discuss, it's about Kathryn."

I groan and bring the device back to my ear, waiting for him to continue. "You see, Kings, I'm in love with Kathryn and I know she feels the same way about me she's just blinded by the thrill of sleeping with a student. I know you want what's best for her so break up with her. If you don't you'll only bring her career to an end and ruin her life. You graduate in a month then you can go off to college and meet a nice girl your age."

Was he serious? Did he really think I was going to give in to his wishes? "If you don't do as I say, I will send this picture and video to Principal Espinoza and you two will just have to answer to him. And then I'll hurt your best friends and your sister."

I grit my teeth in anger at his cheap threats. I didn't know if he was bluffing or not but I wasn't going to let him harm anyone. I open my mouth to reject his offer but the call ends. I pull the phone away from my ear and stare at the screen. Anger takes over me as I stare at the number on my call logs.

Dialing Desire's number, I begin to get undressed and get into something a bit more comfortable. After the 3rd ring, the girl answers. "Hey, are you ready? I need a few more minutes, my hair does not want to cooperate with--"

"I can't come" I interrupt. I could hear the disappointment and hurt in the silence. Desire doesn't say anything, she only hangs up. I sigh, knowing I'd have to apologize when I see her but right now, I had business to take care of.