Sixty-eight

(Back on track)

Kathryn

Prom was in just two days. And quite frankly, I wasn't excited at all. I didn't want to babysit more than 20 teenagers in one room. But I didn't have a choice since a few teachers had already called off on that day. I just wanted to spend my Friday night indoors, preferably watching movies. Another thing, I wasn't excited about for Prom was the fact that Casey was still going as Desire's date.

I'm well aware that at the time when the two of them, did things, Casey and I were single. We still are, but the thing is I'm jealous. There's no other way to put it. I know Desire isn't the person Casey wants but she was able to be with her in public, whereas Casey and I have to hide our relationship.

Not that our relationship is going anywhere at the moment. I thought it was space we needed. But not being able to call Casey my girlfriend was slowly starting to get to me. We weren't being intimate or romantic with each other and it was driving me insane. 

Knowing that she was on the market didn't feel right. It was fair game for anyone who was interested in her. Put into play, Desire McClain. I wasn't just jealous, I was scared. Scared that maybe all this time spent away from me, Casey would realize that Desire was more worth her time than I was.

I wasn't ready to give Casey Kings to anyone. I would never be ready to do that. 

"Kathryn!" 

My eyes land on Casey in annoyance. "Are you okay? I've been calling your name for a while now." I nod my head and place my hand on my chest, waiting for my racing heart to calm down. The girl smiles as she sits on my desk, not caring that the classroom door was still open or she could get caught.

I glance at her, furrowing my brows, "What is it? Shouldn't you be at home by now?" I question.

"I could be. But I wanted to tell you something before I left." 

I raise my brows waiting for her to continue. She leans into me, smile still plastered on her kissable lips. I inhale her vanilla-scented perfume, loving how much she was invading my personal space. Her eyes land on me, a mischievous gleam hidden behind her pretty brown eyes. 

My eyes land on her lips waiting for her to say something. "I'm taking you out tonight" she bites her lip forcing my eyes back to hers. "Taking me out where?"

"On a date, duh." I try to force my lip to remain flatlined as I eye the girl. My heart jumps in joy at her words and I feel myself smiling at the thought. "Why? What's the special occasion?" I question glancing behind her, making sure there was no one coming in.

"No occasion really. I just miss hanging out with you. I would take you out Friday but we have prom and Saturday is too far away."

I nod my head, "Okay. Is there anything I need for this date?" I question with a teasing smile. Casey shakes her head. She climbs off my desk, her lips landing on mine, surprising me. Once she pulls away her smile widens. "I won't be home when you get there. So you'll have time to get dressed and I'll pick you up around 5ish."

Nodding my head again, I watch the girl walk out of my classroom. I let out a breath, I had no idea I had been holding. My fingers caress my lips, missing the feeling of hers. This was the first time we kissed since movie night.

- - - - - 

"Let's go out for dinner," Emily says as we exit the school building together. My eyes land on one of the students getting into their car, "I can't."