Chapter 11: The Archaean

Noctis, Y/N, and Gladiolus were now separated from Ignis and Prompto, the three of them making their way downward, heading to where the Archaean, Titan, to see what he wants with the Crown Prince.

Gladiolus: Don't rush off on your own, huh?

Noctis: Don't get left behind.

Gladiolus: Wise guy.

They proceed to run down the only pathway they could go down. The three of them were startled as they looked up, some of the creatures flying away due to the disturbance.

Gladiolus: They're on edge--let's not ruffle their feathers any more.

Y/N: And let's try not to get killed in the process of making our way there.

Noctis: Um, try shutting your beaks.

Gladiolus: We're just offering some sound advice.

Noctis: Yeah, like a parrot in my ear.

Up ahead, they come across a clearing and engage in battle with flying creatures from before. Dynoaevis is what they're called.

Taking them out quickly, the three move as the heat was starting to get to them. They soon come across a ledge, Noctis starting to sweat a lot.

Noctis: Damn...

Y/N: Come on, keep moving.

Gladiolus: Hey, over here.

Y/N: What did you find?

Gladiolus: A path. We'll have to shuffle our way across. No room for error here.

Noctis: No time to chill, either. Make it quick.

Y/N: Don't rush the man.

Slowly, Gladiolus starts to shuffle across, the Noctis, and lastly Y/N. Small rocks and pebbles start to crumble and fall into the abyss below them, only adding more to Noctis's anxiety of falling.

Noctis: Just want this to be over.

Y/N: Can't rush events and fate, Noct.

The ground start to shake, even more rock starting to fall from below them. 

Gladiolus: Tremors...hang on!

They grip the wall behind them and the tremor slowly begins to recede. And at the wrong timing, Noctis starts to get a headache.

Noctis: Ugh...my head...

Gladiolus: Again?

Y/N: Of all the damn times, it just had to occur now.

Gladiolus: Let's hurry the hell across.

Bearing with the pain, Noctis begins to slowly make his way across, Y/N slowly making his way across and watches Noctis carefully, whether his headaches get worst.

Gladiolus: Noct. You doing alright?

Noctis doesn't respond. He only focuses on trying to get through the small area. It wasn't until Titan in front of them starts to move in front of them, the Meteor being brought up.

Gladiolus: What now!?

Y/N: Something's coming!

Suddenly, the short mountain ridge that was in front of them was destroyed, the Archaean's hand coming through, as if it was it was trying to grab Noctis.

Noctis: Hey! Titan! What's the big idea!?

Y/N: Enough chatting, more moving!

Gladiolus: He's right, save it! Get to solid ground first!