Chapter 29: The Crystal

After reuniting with Noctis, the group turn to their current objective. Find Prompto and make their way to the Crystal.

Coming across a crossroads, the only way they could currently go was the pathway on the left. The ones on the right and in front of them were currently locked. It wasn't until he noticed a control panel.

Noctis: Huh, locked. Meaning...there's someone inside?

Messing with the buttons and pushing the correct ones, Noctis unlocks the one on the right.

They open the door and proceed down the hall. It seemed they were in some sort of prisoner holding cell. Ardyn's chuckle could be heard echoing throughout the facility.

Ardyn: I knew you'd go that way. Oh, you're such a tease.

Looking in some of the cells, there were dead creatures and some were dead bodies of people. They could only hope that Prompto didn't end up like one of them. Turning down the hall to their left, they spot Prompto being shackled to a wall.

Sprinting down towards it, they quickly unlock the cell door and try to get Prompto out. The shackles then come undone, Prompto falling to the floor, but is caught by Y/N and Noctis.

Prompto: (groan)

Gladiolus: Hey, you alright?

Y/N: Are you hurt?

Ignis: Do you need help?

Prompto: (shaky breathing) I-I'm fine. Thank you, Noct, Y/N.

Y/N: No problem.

Noctis: No sweat.

Prompto: (looks to Noctis: Tell me. Were you worried about me?

Noctis: Of course I was. What kind of question is that?

Prompto: Of course. That's why you came, like I believed you would.

Noctis: Prompto...

Prompto: That's why I told myself I couldn't die. Not until I could see you and hear you tell I'm not a fake--that I'm the real me.

Noctis: I'm sorry.

Prompto: Don't be. Everything's alright now.

With Prompto recovered and reunited with the rest, they continue to the Crystal and also try to figure out what's sealing Noctis's powers.

Traversing through the facility once more and back tracking to where Y/N and Gladiolus saw the video of Ravus of where he was before.

Ignis: Noct, do you hear that?

Noctis: Hear what?

Ignis: I've heard this sound before--on the train, just before your weapons failed you. It's nearby, and it may hold the key to restoring your power.

Walking towards the area that Ignis was hearing the sound, Ignis could hear it getting louder.

Ignis: It's here.

The doors open and they some sort of throne room.

Noctis: This thing?

Y/N: It looks like Aldercapt's throne.

They run towards the entrance of the throne room, only for it to be blocked. They needed an access code.

Noctis: Door's locked.

Ignis: It's coming from within. Is there no way through?

Y/N: Hmm. Looking at this panel here, I think we need some sort of access code.