Chapter 30: Episode Y/N

Note: This is an original chapter so this could either go really bad or it can be good. It all depends if you enjoy it or not.

Like Gladiolus, Prompto, Ignis, and Ardyn, they all had their own individual episodes that basically focused on them when they were separated from the group. Well, Ardyn was his own thing. But anyway, this is Episode Y/N. Hope y'all enjoy it.

---

(A/N): As for Y/N's current outfit, just imagine him in Roy's SSBU default costume.

Timeskip-3 Years

Eternal darkness had fallen over Eos. The retinue of Noctis had split up, Prompto had been going back and forth between Hammerhead and Lestallum. Ignis was training himself for him to enhance his other senses as he could no longer see. Gladiolus had been traveling around Eos, getting stronger.

Y/N however, had ventured to the ruined Crown City, Insomnia. He had been hunting daemons for the last three years, saying it was his penance for not being able to protect Noctis.

Currently, he is walking the ruined streets of Insomnia, wearing a shiny blue armor, a similar design to his father's when he fought in the great war. A ripped dark blue, colored caped with his family's symbol, along with his signature headband. He heard a roar as he turned around to see a daemon, an Iron Giant, rising from the ground. Gritting his teeth and clenching his hand on his sword's handle, he unsheathes it, the moonlight reflecting off the blade.

With a shout, he rushes forward, igniting his sword with flames, his rage fueling him. First using his Flame Art, Blazer, he brings his one-handed sword down, igniting the ground below him as the daemon roars in pain. Recovering quickly, he uses his other Flame Art, Double-Edged Dance.

Striking four times consecutively, he eliminates the daemon, making his weapon disappear as he continues to walk around the streets of Insomnia.

Turning to his right, he sees the apartment building Noctis had been living in when they were in high school. He glances to the entrance and sees something appear. A memory.

Flashback-6 Years Ago

Y/N was accompanying Ignis to Noctis's apartment. Y/N had been released from school much earlier than Noctis and Prompto. As the two got in Noctis's apartment, they see tons of trash in both his room and living room.

Y/N and Ignis both sigh with annoyance and begin to clean up the apartment room, all while waiting for the young prince to come home.

Flashback End

Y/N: (grits teeth) It's not enough...I need to get stronger...more.

Continuing walking down the street, he then finds himself in the higher areas, where the nobles would reside. To his left was House Scientia, where Ignis and his family would reside. Then across from House Scientia was House L/N, his home.

Walking up the steps, he brushes his hand against the stone railing. Upon arrival at the courtyard, there were many bodies of magitek troopers and some retainers that served his family.

Walking inside his old home, more memories start to appear.

Flashback

A young Y/N and Ignis were walking down the hallway of Y/N's home.

Y/N: Wow...you're going to be Noct's appointed Hand and advisor.

Ignis: It's truly an honor.

Y/N: Honestly, it does fit you, Iggy.

Ignis: Yes. I also overheard your father and Lord Regis speaking. Something about appointing you as Noct's Sword.