Chapter 10: The Disc of Cauthess

The Blessing of the Gods

Noctis and his friends had a new plan. Their plan was to head to the Disc of Cauthess, seeking to find the reason behind Noctis's constant headaches, but also the visions he was receiving.

Along the way, the encountered the same suspicious person back at Galdin Quay, who they now know as Ardyn. However, the group was very suspicious of said person, mostly from the way he talked and the riddles he would always give them.

Currently, Noctis is driving the Regalia, following behind Ardyn, who is in his own vehicle.

Ardyn: Just to be clear, this isn't a race, it is a chase. You're not to pass me. Lose sight of me and you'll lose your way. And no tailgating. An accident would spoil the trip.

Noctis: Alright, alright. Let's hit the road already.

Ardyn: As you wish. Drive safely, now.

Deactivating the convertible function of the car, the car roof comes out of the back, forming overhead as the windows raise up.

Now, Ardyn couldn't hear any conversations the group would have.

Prompto: First Galdin, then Lestallum...what a coincidence, huh?

Y/N: I swear, that guy keeps talking. Way too much.

Gladiolus: Way to convenient to be a coincidence. I reckon he's following us around.

Y/N: I wouldn't be too surprised.

Ignis: But to what end? That question bothers me deeply, as does his origins.

Y/N: He seems to be from the north, judging from his clothes. Think he's with the Niffs?

Prompto: It's hard for me to picture that guy in the empire.

Gladiolus: But it's even harder to imagine him as a Lucian.

Ignis: I'd sooner not rely on him.

Prompto: But he may be our only way into the Disc of Cauthess.

Y/N: You're not wrong there. Just keep our guards up. Never know what he's got up his sleeves.

Gladiolus: What's his Highness's opinion of this "Ardyn?"

Noctis: (sigh) Don't really have one--he's nothing more than a creepy old dude to me.

Y/N: Anyone can be a creepy old dude. Something about Ardyn gives me a bad feeling though.

Prompto: Heh. You hit the nail on the head right there.

Gladiolus: Well, that's why we came up with a plan.

Noctis: Gotta "watch our backs" the whole way.

Going through many turns, still following Ardyn, Ignis speaks up about Noctis's headaches.

Ignis: Noct, how are the headaches?

Y/N: Yeah, still getting any visions?

Noctis: Fine for now, but they come without warning.

Gladiolus: Wouldn't want to have one behind the wheel.

Prompto: Stop if you need to, alright?

Gladiolus: ...So, any havens along the way?

Prompto: Oh, somebody wants to camp. Somebody else wants a proper bed.

Y/N: Eh. You can't blame Gladio over here. He pretty much grew up in the wilds. He has more knowledge for that type of thing out of any of us.