eighteen; don't you love me?

"Are you okay?" Taehyung sat next to Jeongguk who had been awfully quiet as they patiently waited outside the hospital room, the other didn't respond staring at hospital room in front of him reading the number 4 over and over again.

Sometime later, the white door slid open a woman in a white coat stepping out with a comforting smile, Taehyung intertwined his fingers with Jeongguk standing up with the man.

"How is she?" Jeongguk monotonously asked removing his hand wrong Taehyung's, the other of course didn't mind since he understood the situation.

"She's struggling a lot, it's certain she won't make it- she's decided that she doesn't want to be brought back if anything happens to her," She sighed flicking through her notes with a deep frown.

Gguk, please be okay. Taehyung could see the light of hope burn out in Jeongguk's eyes, the once loving orbs turning into cold black stones.

"Can I see her?" His voice was brittle, red puffy eyes from holding back his tears and big swollen bottom lip from all the nervous biting along with rough makeout sessions with Taehyung in the bathroom.

"Of course," She lead the boy to the door sliding it open to reveal the petite woman. Taehyung stood by the door letting Jeongguk have his own moment, his own sympathetic eyes staring at the woman that was barely visible.

"Mum?" Jeongguk whispered hesitantly walking over to the bed, every beep from the heart monitor hit Jeongguk's vulnerable heart which began to ache from seeing the dying woman.

"What are you doing here?" She croaked take a deep breath, Jeongguk placed a hand on top of the woman's only for her to gently move hers away. "Who's that?" She coldly spoke staring at the boy who smiled warmly at the two, he almost seemed like an angel waiting to take away Jeongguk's mother.

"H-he's Taehyung, my boyfriend," Jeongguk sniffed wiping away his tears quickly. All though he knew they weren't together, he wanted his mother to know he had found love regardless of being gay.

"I thought he was an angel, bring him here," She merely whispered, Taehyung slowly walked over to the pair and placed his soft slim hands on Jeongguk's shoulder. "He's pretty like an angel too," She smiled warmly at the boy who felt a hot tear stream down his face but he was quick to wipe it.

"Thank you," Taehyung shyly smiled making both the two laugh fondly. In the meantime, there would be a long silence full of Jeongguk's low sniffing and crying.

"I love you," She smiled cupping Jeongguk's cheek. That was all it took for the other burst into loud sobs making Taehyung flinch, the light blue blankets durned into a dark shade of navy blue as Jeongguk's tears soaked them up.

"I love you," Jeongguk hoarsely replied weakly sitting up and kissing the women's hand leaving his lips lingering over her boney fingers.

"Treat pretty angel well," She muttered staring at Taehyung who let iridescent tears stream down his face speaking into his top or fall onto Jeongguk's lap. Jeongguk nodded rubbing his head that was pounding from how much he wanted to scream for her to not leave him.

But she was.

Taehyung closed his eyes squeezing Jeongguk's shoulder when a long ringing sounded echoed through the bright room, he gritted his teeth feeling Jeongguk let out a pained cry trembling uncontrollably underneath his hold.

"Shh," Taehyung sniffed stepped in front of Jeongguk letting the older wrap his arms tightly around his waist and break down against his stomach, he ruffled his hair whispering sweet things ignoring the sympathetic glances from the nurses and doctors stepping in with teary eyes.

Time skip.

"Gguk, come on you need to eat something," Taehyung patiently stood in beside Jeongguk who leaned out the window holding a cup of whiskey, and a cigarette which was already burnt out. "Hyung, you're hurting yourself doing that," Taehyung reached for the whiskey and cigarette.

"I'm fine Taehyung, it's just a cigarette," Jeongguk took another puff breathing the toxic smoke out slowly, Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows holding his breath which made Jeongguk turn around. "Stop being stupid and breathe," Jeongguk chuckled turning to the boy.

Taehyung shook his head.

"Taehyung," Jeongguk stood up straight pushing a singular thumb into Taehyung's teeth forcing his jaw open, the other let out the breath he was holding when Jeongguk dropped the cigarette out of his two fingers.

A lustful kiss was placed against Taehyung's lip, but the other didn't submit. The distasteful flavour of ash ruined how sweet Taehyung's lips were, the addictive honey balm being completely wiped away by Jeongguk's tongue.

"Stop," Taehyung pushed the other away roughly wiping his lips. He knew the Jeongguk that was kissing him wasn't the one he wanted, the kisses were no longer loving and passionate but instead disgusting and lustful.

"Why? Don't you love me?" Jeongguk growled gripping onto Taehyung's thin brittle wrist pulling Taehyung close to his body. "Hm? What did I do wrong?" Jeongguk gritted his teeth pressing his forehead against Taehyung's who held back scared cries.

"Nothing gguk, I just want you to get better first- you're intoxicated," Taehyung forced a pure smile that was nothing but full of viridity. It almost immediately slapped Jeongguk for being so stupid, but the other was beyond gone to let go in time.

"Sorry," Jeongguk grunted lazily wrapping his brawny arms around Taehyung only to stumble forward dropping back onto the messy bed.

"A-ah!" Taehyung yelped feeling a sharp object beneath his back pierce into his small waist. He closed his eyes listening to the soft snores of the boy with an aching heart and anger inside his chest.

I do love you.

Angst 😅 writing gave up on me midway 💔🦋