Semester 2: Tangled Up

" . . . so we hope that the change in staff regarding the school's security will stop things like what happened last week Tuesday from happening again." Headmistress Riley said that morning in the gymnasium.

The students of senior class 4 were sitting in a circle for homeroom this morning.

Perrie sat with folded arms and a foot crossed over the other, seeming peeved just by the mentioning of that God forsaken night. Basically got rejected by that one only to end up running into a load of crap. She still remembered how Jesy had said that she needed to think about that whole situation. You need to think eh? You should know. Don't you lo- She folded her lips feeling tears in her eyes. What would Jesy's final answer even be? Do I even want to know? She had not spoken to the girl since that night because she just could not bring herself to. But she hasn't been making herself scarce I'll tell you that. She could feel Jesy's gaze on her even at this point in time. Freak. Did Jesy think she would talk to her again just because she continuously stared at her that way? Well she's got another thing coming. She refused to look at her.

After Perrie had gotten arrested she had been taken to the police station where she was put to sit and wait while they called her school. The headmistress had come by quicker than she'd expected and Perrie had had the honour of witnessing Headmistress Riley inform the police that she would be suing them for what they did to one of their students. Not me of course. They didn't do a thing to me. Roc had been in . . . a state after the whole thing.

For the night, Roc had seemed unable to really speak besides releasing noises of stammering so he had been put in special care for trauma. Jimin had to do it too. By the next day Roc had been speaking and acting normal again but the school didn't take that as a sign that all was well. They were sure that he was just good at masking his problems- as most guys tended to be. To this day he was still in therapy. Jimin was too. What happened to Roc had been nothing short of traumatizing. He really could have lost his life.

Of course their whole class had gotten into serious trouble for leaving the compound and parading around town. Headmistress Riley had confiscated Jesy and Perrie's car and had gotten all of the security guards replaced since it had been clear to her that they were all under Jesy's control. Usually she wouldn't really take heed of that but the fact that the security being biased had caused such an uproar had really forced her to take serious precautions. If Roc Royal had actually gotten seriously hurt or even murdered then that would have been a whole other story. They were supposed to be the ones watching him after all . . .

"Yes and don't be intimidated by the new security system. It's just there to keep everyone safe." Alex added. He had spoken to his class about the new systems in place already but headmistress Riley had really wanted to address it herself.

Prodigy yawned. I don't care about none o' dis. He wanted to go back to class to catch a few more z's.

"Exactly." Headmistress Riley looked for Jesy in the circle of students and saw her eyes fixated on someone else. They're sitting quite far apart. She wondered what happened between those two . . . Hopefully that means that they won't be looking to corrupt the new security team. They seemed occupied with their own little drama . . . "So . . . how have you all been? Roc Royal?" She turned to the boy.

Roc had been thinking deeply when he heard his name. "Huh?" He saw all eyes on him. "Oh I been . . . I've been fine." He started playing with his thumbs. "Thanks again for saving me back there Perrie." He had thanked her before but he really was grateful. If it wasn't for her boldness and borderline insanity he could have died.

"Don't mention it. Just using my privilege in the right ways and all that." Perrie sounded bored and tired.

"Man if we had like a white guy in our class he prolly woulda been able to stop everybody sooner." Prodigy frowned at his classmates. "Why all o' you either black or Asian huh?"