Choir

"Okay guys, last fifteen minutes. Do whatever you want." The Ethics teacher finished writing out some notes onto the board so found herself seated at her desk with her feet up. She was now reading a magazine.

Jimin was always disappointed when teachers at this school did things like that. They usually taught for 20 minutes and then spent some time writing on the board before deciding to 'chill'. They don't even necessarily need to write. They can dictate or maybe even let us take our own notes while they lecture. We're not nine. He tried not to think of how demeaning some of these teaching styles were to him.

"Jimin."

Jimin turned to Tae's direction and saw him smiling at him from his seat. He smiled and waved.

Taehyung got up and brought his chair to Jimin's desk. "Done writing your notes?"

"Basically. It really isn't much." Jimin put his notebook in his backpack. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing. I just came to talk to you since we have some free time." Taehyung noticed the rest of their classmates assuming positions to chat with their friends. "So um . . . you're not traumatized about what Perrie did to you right? I mean I know I've been asking about this all day but just to be sure . . ." He spoke carefully.

Jimin blushed. "I'm really not. It . . . if I think about it then it's kind of a . . . low-key fond memory if you know what I mean. Heh heh." He said wearing a nervous smile.

Taehyung tilted his head.

"I-I mean I enjoyed it but um . . ." Jimin cleared his throat. "Anyway let's talk about you."

Now Taehyung blushed. "There's not much to talk about. I'm . . . just same old Taehyung."

"Right of course. You don't really seem to change all that much. And well . . . that's fine." Jimin said to him.

Tae chuckled. "You . . . did you say that you're now taking after school therapy sessions?"

"Oh I am."

"How are they?" Taehyung just really wanted to spend more time with this guy. Yeah I-I . . . I like him. But he didn't know how to send the message that that was really how he felt. Oh it's all so hard. He groaned internally.

"Well . . . so far it's actually been g-"

"SENIOR CLASS 4!" A man slid into their classroom with flailing arms and he bucked up into the sidewall after doing so. "Ow!"

Everyone watched where he landed. Everyone but the teacher that was. She was still on her phone.

"An old man fell." Jade said blandly.

"Is he okay?" Jin asked wearing a cringe.

"Maybe one of us should help him 'cause uh . . . that nigga ain't moving." Prodigy pointed.

"Oh shit. Now they're gonna think we killed 'im." Princeton looked exasperated. "Can somebody check his pulse?"

Jesy tilted her head. "He's twitching."

"Oh look he's getting up." Perrie said casually.

They all watched the man climb to his feet and nearly fall as he did so. "I-I . . . I'm fine thanks for-whoa." He almost fell forward.

Jimin decided to get up to help the guy and he saw Leigh and Tae following him.

"The good kids." Jade was filing her nails.

Leigh held hands in front of the man while Tae and Jimin held him up.

"It's okay . . . I'm alright." The guy said.