Bland

"Okay students this is your first Maths test out of two for this semester. It's really easy if you ask me but I guess since I'm the teacher I'd obviously find it easier than you students so . . . maybe it's hard. Who knows? Anyway you have thirty minutes. It's only one question with four parts to it. I don't care you can start now." The math teacher for Roc's math group went to sit at her desk after giving this lazy speech. It seemed to have taken a lot out of her to do that because she was now resting her head on her desk. "If you cheat I'll see you." She said in a slur.

This math group was the one for the slower students, the ones not so good at Math. All the groups would be having the same test today at the same time.

The students from senior class 4 who were present were Roc Royal, Prodigy, Jesy and Perrie.

Roc cracked one side of his neck before getting down to business. He looked at the question quickly and was glad to see that this was exactly what he had studied. Okay so I'm gonna pass for sure. I will, I will. Just gotta do exactly what I been doing. Sure I didn't do too good when I was practicing last night or that other time but I still know it. I do, I do. I gotta do well. He was thinking these things as he worked. I just gotta.

A picture of his mother came to mind and he nodded with determination. Her, his sisters, everyone back home, they wanted to see him do well. He was a symbol of hope to everyone. If he did well enough he could become successful and then bring back to the community. Yeah if the state don't wanna support ma people then I'll do it myself. I will do well! I'll do it!

He worked extremely fast and ended up being the first person finished. Huh? He looked around and saw some people still writing slowly, others talking to their friends since the teacher fell asleep, and others were looking up how to solve the problems on their phone. Jesy and Perrie seemed to be using a special app to solve the problem. They were both peering over Perrie's phone. Really? Why all o' them so dishone- oh wait Prod doing his own work at least.

Prodigy seemed really focused as he bit his lip and wrote quickly.

The teacher woke up and everyone was suddenly doing independent work.

"Hey you!" The teacher pointed at Roc.

"Huh?" Roc held his arms up.

"Keep your eyes in front of you." The teacher pointed from her own eyes to him before deciding to sit up and stare in space.

Roc was trying to figure out what she was looking at but it seemed as if she was just . . . looking at nothing. It happened so quickly though.

He shook his head then decided to look over his work. Yeah that's the key to success. Gotta make sure erthing correct.

So he began to look over the first part of the question and in doing so he found a mistake. Wait what? Oh shit that mean I gotta do it all over because the rest of the questions depend on this answer to be correct! Ahhh! He began panicking internally. Okay man relax. Just try to divide the time. His eyes darted to the clock and he saw that he had fifteen minutes left. Uh okay that's enough time I guess.

He tried to work as fast as he could to correct his mistake. Oh wait no that's wrong. I didn't divide it right. He thought this while erasing something. No, no, nooo! I shouldn't have done it so fast in the first place. I gotta work slow because I'm not inclined with Math like everybody else. I shouldn't have started off so quick. I don't got time now.

He decided to try to keep calm and to do it all slowly but with purpose.

Okay, okay. He had a tongue of focus pressed to the corner of his mouth this time around, saying what he was doing in his mind while doing it.