BREAK: Part 1

The sound of the old elevator taking them lower into the building caused her to shudder.

The guy standing in the corner chuckled. His back was leaning against the wall and his hands were in his pockets. "It's been forever by now." He came forward to stand at her side even as the box holding them kept moving lower. "This place still gives you the heebie jeebies?" His lips formed a slick smirk close to her face. He had spoken in a mocking voice near her ear just now.

"Knock it off. I've told you countless times to not bug her when we go on our escapades." Jesy said with a straight face. She wasn't smiling or putting on a sly look or showing an adorable face. Her expression was just stiff and cold as she stood.

He raised his hands and backed up. Usually people would keep still in an elevator which could possibly get stuck while it carried them to their destination but clearly nothing scared this boy . . . "Fine, fine . . . I was just teasing though." He released a short laugh. "You know that right Perrie?" His mouth was suddenly close to her ear again.

Perrie rolled her eyes in annoyance as he laughed close to her face. She wished that she could pound him to bits right here and right now but she was stuck to where she stood. Where they were was one of the few places which genuinely freaked her out. The hour was 2:00 a.m . . . anything could happen once they arrived on their desired floor and she didn't like that.

"So sassy." The boy said.

Jesy turned to look at him at long last. "I mean it when I say to leave her alone you know." But her voice did not sound that way. It held no character or emotion.

The boy with them was Jesy's biological older brother, Johnny. He was 22 years old and at the moment he wore tight jeans and a black hoodie. The sleeves were rolled up to reveal quite muscular arms. One look at him could give away that he was related to Jesy. They looked quite alike. He was a handsome guy as much as Jesy was a beautiful girl. "I know you do." He smiled with his teeth.

Perrie scoffed. "I swear every time we meet you get more and more annoying."

Johnny laughed. "I'm just trying to lighten the mood, make you feel less terrified of this place." He seemed to find her fear funny though. "It's really not so bad if you think about it."

Perrie was shaking her head.

"I actually get a kick outta coming here. Yup. Makes me feel excited to be around people like me . . . people like me who got caught. Suckers." Johnny shook his head after snickering.

Jesy's face never changed.

"The people here have committed crimes out of cold blood." Perrie said. She looked up at the handsome guy now. Damn it he's sexy. But she would never say that out loud. She would never feed his ego that way. Asshole. "Whereas you do so just to get a kick out of it."

"Same thing more or less. And I mean . . . is it really a crime if no one gets hurt?" Johnny licked his lips then walked over to Jesy's other side. He acted oddly comfortable in an old rickety elevator bringing them to an underground world of mad people. "Come on Jes help me out. You know all about this stuff. Taking people, having them, grooming them and then . . ." He looked off into the distance. "Setting them free."

Perrie nearly gagged. "Grooming? You a rapist now too?"

"What? F*ck no. I'm not desperate and hideous. Everyone I f*ck wants it." He wore a smouldering expression. "Everyone."

Perrie looked away from him and tried not to show him what he wanted to see.

Johnny was suddenly in front of her with folded arms. He was looking down at her, smirking. "You want me."