65. Bright Future

-Jordan-

-Jordan-

I was so happy for Blake. I was so, so incredibly happy for him. He'd looked spooked like a deer in the headlights when he talked with his parents for the first time, and even for a little while after that, but I could tell that he was happy too.

When he hugged me, I could feel his excitement. From a homeless thief to a man who finally knew who he was... I was so glad to be there to see that. He'd never be homeless again. He'd never be a thief again. And he finally had a name. A real name. I loved the name, Blake, but his real name was beautiful too.

"Antoni..." I whispered tentatively while his lips were traveling down my chest.

He let out a short chuckle and pushed himself up to see my face. I wrapped my legs around him under the covers and smiled up at him. He didn't say anything. He leaned in to kiss my lips and continued his exploration that I had interrupted. I rested my head back, closed my eyes, and let him do his magic.

And I didn't interrupt him again.

In the morning, I was the first one to wake up, as usual. I tried to move slowly and not let out a sound while I wiggled around to find a better position right next to Blake. He needed the rest after all the work he did last night. Poor guy had been exhausted... But it brought a smile on my face.

I stared at him for a while. How awful was I for being so glad that he was there, right next to me? He wouldn't be there if he hadn't been kidnapped. And then abandoned in a foreign country when he was just a small child. How on earth had no one noticed him? He'd told me many tales of homeless people taking care of him, raising him to become a thief because those people didn't trust the authorities.

The scars on his body told the tales he didn't like to talk about. How was he still such a sweet, kind and caring man after being treated so badly? How had he been able to trust me from the very beginning? He was still so full of life and hope and optimism, but what had the world given him in return?

He deserved so much more than the life he'd been living. I wanted to give him the world.

I couldn't resist touching him. I wanted to hold him, so I snuggled closer and carefully rested my arm over his chest and my chin against his shoulder. He didn't wake up, so I dared to slide my leg between his, completely wrapping myself around him.

He still didn't wake up... I couldn't help but smile at him. He really did exhaust himself last night, and I had to admit, I was sore. Sore and happy and relaxed. Even my normal anxiety couldn't quite keep its hold on me. I saw the nightstand behind Blake, and even the empty spot where my clock used to be couldn't affect me like it normally did. I didn't continue staring at it, though. I didn't want to jinx it.

By the time Blake started waking up, I was hungry. I rarely felt hunger, but now I did. I was practically drooling and torturing myself by thinking about all the things I wanted to eat.