32. Big Step Closer

-Jordan-

-Jordan-

"Do you want me to show you?"

When I nodded, I had no idea that Blake would go for my watch. When his fingers touched it, I almost freaked out on the spot – I had never removed it from my wrist after putting it on a few years ago – but I trusted Blake, so I managed to stay calm.

But if Blake was going to steal it without me noticing it, he was doing a crappy bad job distracting me. Unless the watch was the distraction. But what else could he be stealing?

"That's not a good di-" I spoke, but then Blake moved.

Our lips touched, and my mind grew blank. My body stopped working. I couldn't breathe, move or even think when Blake's lips were pressed on mine. For a second, I feared Blake had stepped over the line, but when I didn't go into a panic, I sighed in relief.

I had dreamed about that moment for far too long, so I didn't want anything to interrupt it. When Blake moved his lips carefully over mine, I mimicked his movement, enjoying the sensation to the fullest.

Then Blake rested his hand on my hip, and pulled me gently, but tightly against him. I felt suddenly small and fragile in his arms, and I shivered. He could easily break me, and I could've been afraid of him, but there was a third feeling, a stronger feeling, that overcame all my fears: I felt safe in his arms.

If someone had told me six months ago, that I would be kissing a thief, who had tried to rob me, and instead of freaking out, I would be calm and happy and yearning for more, I wouldn't have believed that person. Of course, I wouldn't have! That thought was absolutely absurd, but it was really happening. And I really, truly loved it.

When I had to break the kiss to get some air – I was getting dizzy, but it had nothing to do with my phobias – Blake was smiling at me. I stared at him, and I realized that I had never ever been so close to anyone. I knew in my heart that I made the right choice when I didn't call the cops back when I first met him. That man had given me my life back.

And when I stared at him, I could suddenly see a whole world around me. I somehow knew I was going to step out of my room. I would walk down the stairs and have dinner with my family. I would buy a pair of shoes, go outside and see all the places I had always wanted to see. And I would burn my schedule and throw away the clocks, as long as Blake was there with me.

I had to fight back my tears. I didn't want Blake to see me crying at that moment when I was at my happiest. Instead, I smiled shyly at him, and bit my lower lip, before looking down, trying to think of something to say.

"You uh... That... I..." I stammered and looked at my watch. "You call that a diversion? I saw you going for my watch, and you didn't even get it off my wrist!"

Blake chuckled and leaned closer. "The watch was the diversion."

"Then what did you steal?" I asked and tried to see if there was something else missing.