50. Blessed Day

-Julia-

-Julia-

"Yes... Yes... That's right... Thank you so much! I'll send the money first thing on Monday! Yes, thank you again! Bye-bye!"

I closed my phone with a deep sigh, leaning back in my chair. Another heavy weight was lifted from my shoulders. Another bill covered. I turned to look at the stack of papers on my desk and grabbed the first one, writing a little note for myself so I wouldn't forget to pay it on Monday.

Then, I smiled at the rest of the papers. The stack was so small... I couldn't remember the last time it was so tiny... I got up from my chair and walked around in my study, stopping at the other end. The whole wall was lined up with big file cabinets. I randomly opened one of the big drawers and peered in.

Everything was neatly in the right order, every paper in their designated places. There used to be a time when I had to fight to get the drawers open, and even harder to shut them since they were so full of papers and notes and receipts... Looking at it now was like admiring a fine work of art. Every time I needed a certain document, I was filled with joy since it would only take me a couple of seconds to locate it. Before Blake, that sweet angel, organized it all, it took me up to an hour to find what I was looking for.

I had to laugh lightly at myself for still wanting to come to look at the cabinets just so I could admire how neatly organized everything was. I returned back to my desk and made sure I had nothing else on my to-do list for the day. I still had a little time before it was time for me to go see Jordan, but I had done everything I needed for the day, and I didn't feel like starting my tasks for tomorrow, so I just sat down and grabbed my half-full cup of tea. It was still warm enough to drink, so I took a good position on my chair and leaned back.

Learning to take it easy and relax from time to time hadn't been easy. The hardest part was getting rid of the thought that if I stayed still even for a minute, everything would fall apart. But the truth was that nothing would fall apart even if I wanted to enjoy the rest of my tea in peace.

Blake did that. That man had given us so much more than what even I could see at that moment. His kindness and helping hand had given us time – time we desperately needed.

A few moments later I had finished my tea and cleared out my desk. I took the empty cup in the kitchen and washed it before going into the bedroom to freshen up. I still had fifteen minutes left before Jordan would expect me, so I took my time.

And then my beloved husband walked in. I gave him a silent stare over my shoulder while changing my shirt. We still weren't in the best terms.

"You're going to see Jordan again?" he asked too casually.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Hmm..." he uttered. He waited for a moment while I pretended he wasn't there, knowing he had something to say. And then he said it. "Are you still not talking to me?"