14. Something Special

-Blake-

-Blake-

I woke up around six in the morning when the alarm of my wristwatch went off. It took me a moment to realize I wasn't in my tent, and another to figure out I was under a table. The memories of last night flooded in, and I smiled.

It had been surprisingly comfy sleeping on the balcony. I had sealed myself in under the blankets so perfectly it was actually really warm and soft. I really wished I could stay there for the day, but I had to return to my camp. Firstly, I had left everything I owned there, and anyone could just stumble upon it. Secondly, I had to go to visit the city once again. I had no food, I needed to do some laundry, and go take care of my hygiene.

So, with sad feelings, I got up, undid my little den, and put everything back to where they were supposed to be. Then, I carefully opened the door Jordan had left unlocked, and took my clothes from the rack without stepping in. I changed my clothes and left the blankets and the tarp by the door, placing the socks and the bathrobe on top of the pile, before I left.

Once I was back in the forest, I looked at the Simmons' house just in time to see a light being turned on in the master bedroom.

I spent the entire day in the city. I saw a spa the other day, while I was roaming the streets, and I decided to visit the place. I had still some money left for the rest of the week, so I didn't need to rob anyone this time.

I was well aware of the increasing risk of getting caught. I had spent way too long in that city already, and people would soon start recognizing me. It wasn't that big of a city, and I was sure that some of the people I had robbed, already knew it was me who stole their wallets.

Once I got in the spa, the first thing I did was taking a long, hot shower. I hadn't had the opportunity to shower in almost a week, so the refreshing water felt heavenly on my dirty skin. I had considered stealing stuff from the lockers, but there were cameras showing I had walked in. If there was someone clever enough investigating all the robberies, they would soon notice me, if they already hadn't. Actually, I was amazed I hadn't been caught yet. I had stolen almost three grand already, and that was a lot of wallets, and a lot of security cameras witnessing me bumping into those who had been robbed. If I wanted to stay in the city, I would need to change my tactic soon.

I needed to do something bigger. I needed a lot more money if I wanted to stay in the city. And I really wanted to stay here. I wasn't going to leave anytime soon. I would stay here over the winter, but the cold weather would probably force me to move indoors. I needed a plan for that as well.

I stayed in the shower for a long time, trying to think about what I should do next. If I planned on making another big heist, I needed to go somewhere else, which meant I would have to leave the city for a week or two. I would have to leave Jordan. I didn't like that idea, but I had to be careful.

A few hours later, I walked out of the spa, feeling refreshed and relaxed. The air was chilly, so I decided to go get something warm to eat. I never visited the same restaurant twice, but this time, I made an exception. The restaurant I had been to a few days ago was just too good to forget.