47. First of Many

-Blake-

-Blake-

As the days passed by, it became clear to me that both Jordan and I really needed that small break from everything. Jordan seemed much more relaxed, and I truly enjoyed the attention I was getting from him. Our relationship was growing stronger, and more intimate as well, and I was thrilled.

But the best part was watching how well Jordan was getting used to his new life now. Moving stuff around was getting easy for him, he wasn't so stressed out about making progress, and he even seemed less scared. His confidence was growing by the day, and so was his trust in the future. It was almost like he had escaped from some kind of loop he had been stuck in. It made me utterly happy to see him like that.

In the morning when his sister, Jasmine, would arrive, I found him holding one of his clocks in the living room. I strolled over to him and wrapped my arms around his stomach, resting my chin on his shoulder. He looked back at me and put the clock away.

"Is that it?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah," he replied, leaning his head back on my shoulder. "The only time I even look at it is when I make sure it's still working."

"That's a good choice," I muttered in his ear.

"I'll give it to Mom," he continued. "She has always wanted to throw my clocks away. I want her to have the honor of throwing it out."

I chuckled at his words. "Do you really think she'll throw away anything you give her?"

"Probably not," he smiled. "What do you think, should I give it to her today?"

I took a deep breath, and nodded. "Yeah, I think it's time."

"Okay," he said softly, and turned around to give me a kiss. "It feels right, you know? Today is a good day to do it."

"I agree," I said, holding him against myself by his waist. "So, Jasmine is coming today."

"I'm so nervous..." Jordan sighed and looked at the door behind me. "I haven't seen her in years..."

"We'll just take it easy. There's no rush, baby," I told him soothingly. "You know the drill. We've done this many times already."

He took another deep breath and nodded. "I wish it'll go well. I really want to see her. Not just with Skype. I want to see her."

"You will," I told him. "If not this time, then maybe next time."

He laughed and shook his head. "You're always so positive."

"Happy-go-lucky," I said, and kissed his forehead.

He was silent for a moment, but then he hugged me and snuggled his head under my chin. "Happy-go-lucky," he repeated in a mutter.

I couldn't stop smiling widely while holding him. I had a good feeling about the meeting. Jordan had never stayed so calm the day he was supposed to see someone for the first time.