34. Nervously Waiting

-Jordan-

-Jordan-

When I ended the call with my mom, I was shivering all over from the storm of emotions I was having inside. Not a day had passed without me missing my family terribly, but I had always been too afraid to ask them to come to see me. I wasn't worried about how I would react when I saw them or how bad it would feel. No, I feared to see the pain in their eyes when I freaked out – and I would freak out. I didn't want my family to see me like that.

But now...

"Oh, baby – come here," Blake spoke tenderly when he saw the tears in my eyes.

I stood up and without hesitation, I hugged him. My whole body was weak, but Blake held me tightly, keeping me up on my feet.

"It's all right, baby – everything is all right," he muttered soothingly into my ear.

"What if I... What if I freak out?" I gasped. "What if she doesn't want to see me like this? I don't want to hurt her like that. What if she thinks that I don't love her or trust her?"

"She's a strong woman," he said. "She knows you love her, and that you can't help it. Your mom will always love you, no matter what."

I sniffed and nodded against his shoulder. It wasn't easy to calm down this time. What I was going through at that moment had nothing to do with my phobias, so I didn't know how to deal with myself. I had wanted to see my mom for so long, and now that it was actually going to happen, I was a mental wreck, and I didn't know what to do.

I hugged Blake tighter. I was scared, and the only thing that seemed to help was being held by him. It really did help, and soon, I felt braver.

"I can do this," I sniffed after a while. "I want to see her."

"I know, honey," he said and kissed my temple softly. "You are stronger than you think."

"I'm going to see her," I hiccupped. "I'm really going to see her," I repeated and laughed nervously against his chest.

"Yes, you are," hesaid and pulled away just enough to see my face. "You have come so far, and I'm so proud of you."

"It's all thanks to you," I spoke from the bottom of my heart. "I would still be miserable and alone without you."

"I robbed the right place then," Blake smirked. "I really did hit the jackpot by choosing this house."

I blushed a little and smiled shyly before I looked down. "You think you're so smooth..." I said, but the truth was that he made me feel much better with his flirty joke.

"I mean it – you are the best thing that has happened to me," Blake said and pulled me closer.

I looked up at his face and saw a great smile on his lips. His eyes were staring at me so lovingly that it sent happy shivers running down my spine.