40 Christmas Preparations

-Blake-

-Blake-

Since Jordan had been taking such huge steps lately, I begged him to take it easy for the next couple of days. I was surprised that he agreed with me almost immediately. He didn't even get angry at me for suggesting what to do. He usually hated it.

I was really careful not to touch anything in his room as well, so I spent a lot of time sitting outside in the hallway, doing some little tasks John and Julia had given me. I really didn't want to disturb Jordan in any way, and I believed he was grateful for the break. He kept giving me warm smiles and flirty winks now and then, but he wasn't complaining about the current arrangement.

On Monday morning, after waking up in my own bed, in my own room, I didn't let myself get sad about not waking up next to Jordan. I went to use the toilet and took a shower before I got dressed in my usual outfit – gray college pants, a green T-shirt and a black hoodie – before I looked myself in the mirror. The clothes were new, and I was happy to say that now I owned three sets of pants! All thanks to Julia. She had thrown out all my old clothes because some of them had stains nothing could remove any more.

After I was done, I stepped out of the room, closing the door behind me. And I stopped to stare at the hallway.

"Uhmm...?" I muttered when I saw four big boxes piled up next to the staircase.

"Dad! Do you remember where I put that big, blue bag?" I heard Julia's voice downstairs.

"Good lord, woman, it's seven in the morning," I chuckled to myself.

"The other blue bag!"

I really wanted to go see what was going on, but there was something more important for me to do. I practically ran up the stairs to Jordan's door. It was wide open already, and that made me frown.

"Jordan?" I called his name before I walked the final steps to the door, just to let him know I was coming.

"Good morning!" I got as a reply, and I saw him in the middle of his living room, stretching his body. "Damn I missed it," I sighed – he was almost done with yoga.

"That's what you get for sleeping in," Jordan chuckled.

"The door is open," I said as casually as I could, leaning against the frame.

"I wanted to listen," Jordan said softly, and I was glad to see he wasn't uncomfortable about having the door open already.

"Listen to what?" I asked and turned to look at the stairs. "What are they doing so early in the morning?"

"They're putting up decorations," Jordan explained.

"For what?" I asked in curiosity.

Jordan gave me that look. The 'you poor homeless boy' look. "Christmas is in two weeks," he said quietly.