63. Happiness

-Jordan-

-Jordan-

The next morning, I woke up wrapped in Blake's arms as always. I could tell he was still asleep, so I tried not to disturb him while rolling around to see his face. A smile appeared on my lips when I watched him, the handsome man that was all mine. No matter what his name was, he belonged to me.

My smile faded little by little when the worry I felt for him took its place. I wanted to help him. I wanted to take away all his pain and fear and sorrow. I wanted to reassure him that everything would be all right. I wanted to be there for him, but I wasn't fully able to do that. I wanted to be. There was nothing more I wanted from this life than to be there for him in every situation he was facing, but I wasn't even able to leave the house...

There were still so many things I wasn't able to do... So many things... What if I...? What if this was as far as I could push myself? What if this was the best I could do?

What if...

What if...

"Good morning, babe," Blake suddenly purred, hugging me tightly.

I had hardly even noticed the panic rising its ugly head inside me. I hadn't seen my dark thoughts trying to take a hold of me. Not until I saw his bright smile, and the world seemed much warmer around me once again.

"Good morning," I smiled too, feeling a bit shaken of how fast my insecurities had almost swallowed me whole.

I didn't want to ruin the morning for him by telling him how I had just felt, but I figured it was something he'd definitely want to hear, so I eventually did tell him about it.

"Oh, baby," he murmured and pulled me into a tight hug. "Please wake me up when that happens, okay? I don't want you to suffer like that."

"I will," I promised, feeling already much better.

We stayed in bed for a while, just talking about what made me feel like the way I did. He was really good at making me believe this wasn't the end of my healing process. Far from it. By the time we got out of bed, I was smiling widely as I held his hand, leaving the bed a mess.

Just before we stepped out of the room, I took a glance at my nightstand, and the clear, rectangular pattern on top of it where my alarm clock used to be.

This wasn't the end. Of course, it wasn't! Silly me...

When I used the toilet, I couldn't stop staring at the bathtub. I actually used it! I had never used it before! It hadn't even been that scary, and I really wanted to use it again tonight. I always thought I wasn't missing out on anything by not using it, but it really had been nice to just lay in there with Blake. So... relaxing. I now understood why Mom loved it so much.

Soon, when we were eating breakfast, I was still thinking of Mom. I had an idea forming in my head, but I wasn't sure if it was too soon to even think about such things... I just... really wanted to do it...