55. Photograph

-Jordan-

-Jordan-

When I woke up the next morning, I felt surprisingly good. Like, really good. It was still dark outside, and Blake was asleep, so I closed my eyes and tried to fall back to sleep. I gave up fast since I couldn't keep my eyes closed. I hadn't felt this good ever since Blake took my clocks away, and I wanted to enjoy it, not ruin it by trying to fall back to sleep.

So, instead of even trying, I turned to look at my drooling, snoring boyfriend. He must've been exhausted as well. I hated myself for having to put him through all that crap during the past few weeks... I was so sorry for him. His life would be so much better without me...

I stopped myself right then and there. For one, those thoughts made no sense, taken the fact that he used to be a homeless criminal with no guarantee of tomorrow. Two, he was constantly reminding me of how much he loved me and that he wanted to be with me through thick and thin. Three, it was just another trick of my mind that was trying to bring me down and ruin everything for me.

I snuggled closer to Blake, moving carefully so I wouldn't wake him up. I slowly slid my leg over his and moved his arm to rest on my hip before hugging him gently. He was shifting a bit in his sleep, pulling me closer before letting out a deep breath, resting his head against mine. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek before settling down in his arms.

His attention was what I'd missed the most during this whole ordeal. I missed kissing and cuddles and having sex with him... I still wasn't in the right mood for sex, but I still missed it.

I couldn't wait for the time when I wouldn't even remember I once had a schedule to follow.

It really was happening... If I looked over Blake's shoulder, I wouldn't see the alarm clock that used to start my day as a slave for time. It wasn't there anymore. It really wasn't there anymore... Part of me was still nearly freaking out because of it. I could feel the bad thoughts circling around me, trying to find a weak spot to use against me.

But the other part of me was hopeful. I hadn't dared to dream about how things would be a year from now. Or a month from now. Now that I was... free.

That thought was so scary that I first refused to think about it. I mean, it was the only thing I had dreamed of for as long as I could remember. To be free from OCD, or at least be able to cope with it and live somewhat normally. But it wasn't a dream anymore.

I think that was the moment when it finally sunk in. I was free. Free. I hadn't followed the schedule in weeks. I hadn't done a single thing according to the plan, and I hadn't studied or painted or read books or exercised at all. Not even once. I actually missed doing those as well, but now I wanted to do them because I wanted to, not because the stupid plan demanded it.

I turned my attention back to Blake. He had given me the strength I needed to recover. I loved him so much... I wanted to become better not only for myself, but for him as well. He had been so great to me, and he deserved the best I could offer.