64. Video Call

-Blake-

-Blake-

"My sweet, brave, gorgeous boys... I love you both so much..."

I nearly lost it when Julia said that. Okay, I did lose it a little. I had never felt such a strong sense of belonging before. I'd never had anyone to count on; someone to look after me. I'd always had only myself. So, to hear something so sincere like that...

I knew I'd be just fine, no matter what would happen next.

I was still very emotional even after Jordan and I returned to his room. We both were, but for different reasons. My beautiful Jordan was still sniffing lightly as he sat down on the couch, his eyes red and gleaming but his lips spread in the widest smile. I was filled with pride and joy knowing he was again one step further on his journey. Seeing him so happy made me happy too.

I walked to the couch and sat down on the floor right in front of Jordan. I took his hands in mine, pressed a kiss on his fingers and smiled up at him.

"That went so incredibly well," I whispered, making him chuckle.

"I thought I'd freak out," he muttered, sniffing again.

"No, you didn't," I praised him and planted another kiss on his palm. "You knew you could do it. You knew it's not an obstacle anymore."

"No, I didn't know," he said almost shyly.

"You wouldn't have wanted to go see her if you didn't know you can do it," I said with a wide smile.

"Well... I guess," he murmured, carefully pleased with himself.

He looked so adorable that I had to get up on my knees and kiss him. He freed his hands from my grip to place them on my cheeks. In return, I wrapped my arms around his back, moving as close to him as I could. He wrapped his legs around me almost immediately, and it felt really nice and comforting. I was completely trapped by him, and I could only wish he'd never let me out.

Eventually Jordan broke our kiss and hugged me tightly, burying his head against my shoulder. I hugged him back, taking in his sweet scent, and enjoying the fuzzy feeling inside me, but soon I realized he was being awfully quiet.

"Babe?" I muttered, worry pushing the happiness out of the way.

"I... I guess I'm a bit tired," he whispered.

"But you're all right, right?" I asked, and he nodded.

"I think... yeah?" he said, but when he looked at me, he seemed a bit nervous.

"You're okay," I muttered. "You took a big step today, after all, and I am so, so proud of you. You did really well!"

I was. I truly was proud of him and everything he had accomplished so far. He stared at me for a moment, but then nodded and even smiled.