Chapter 18

Jacob's lips felt different then what I thought they would be. They were slightly rough but against my lips I didn't mind. Our lips moved in sync before I had to pull away, not able to hold my breath as long as him.

"Oh. Oh god was that wrong?" he said, covering his face with his hands. "Idiot. Idiot. Id-"

"You're not an idiot." I say laughing, pulling his hands away from his face.

"Really?" he says looking up at me.

"Yup." I say pressing my lips to his again, this time much quicker.

"I'm just not as experienced as you." I say causing Jacob to laugh.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well that's been about my fourth kiss...maybe third." I say shrugging my shoulders and Jacob laughs.

"I was hoping I'd be first." He said nudging my arm and I smile up at him.

"Well you didn't kiss me fast enough." I say resting my head on his shoulder.

"Well maybe you didn't kiss me fast enough." He says pecking my lips again. If this is gonna happen regularly I may need to keep restarting my heart. Those lips...

"How is this now my fault?" I ask pulling away from him, playfully crossing my arms.

"Maybe if you had told me sooner that you liked me I would've kissed you sooner." He says sticking his tongue out.

"Who said I liked you?" I say hoping I sound innocent.

"Oh so you're playing me?" Jacob asks and I laugh.

"Maybe..."

"That's it you're gonna get it." He says as he gets up from the bench. Before I can move, he picks me up by my waist and swings me around.

"Don't drop me." I shout, as Jacob starts to spin us faster.

"Trust me Ryan, I wouldn't do that." He says slightly slowing down. When he finishes spinning us around, he puts me down then extends his hand.

"Do I have the pleasure of this dance?" he asks and I blush, because this is adorable.

"There's no music." I say trying to get out of making a fool out of myself.

"Then I'll sing." He says taking my hand and pulling me closer. He starts to sway us back and forth before beginning to sing a song. And let me tell you, out of all of Jacob's talents singing is not one of them.

"God your voice." I say laughing as he spins me around.

"I know isn't it charming?" he asks pulling me back closer.

"Indeed it is." I say smiling.

"What happened to the music." I say laughing as he doesn't continue singing.

"I think the music player broke." Jacob says with a serious face, and I laugh burying my face in his shoulder.

"Hey Ryan?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry I didn't ask you to junior prom. I was gonna but then I thought you were with Stephen but then you weren't and by then I was so nerves I couldn't ask you. And I wasn't even doing bad in chem, it's just that I was gonna ask you but I chickened and that's all I could thin-" I pressed my lips to his.

"Shut up." I mumble out as our lips move in sync.

"I don't care. We're here together aren't we." I say when we pulled away from the kiss.

"Yeah."

"Then this night is great."

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"Can I make it better?" he asks timidly.

"You can try."

"W-will you be my girlfriend?" Jacob mutters out and I laugh.

"Of course. I don't just kiss someone, dance with them all night and then reject them. What kind of girl do you think I am?" I ask laughing.

"My girl." He says kissing me once again.