Chapter 19

We walked back to my house, neither of us wanting to go back to the school or actually have a car there. Kicking pebbles along the way, we talked about pointless things that didn't matter but were interesting because I was with him. When we got to my house we saw Stephens car in the driveway and Riley's car parked in the street.

"Shit how late is it?" I ask reaching for my phone which I realized I left back at the school.

"Not that late. Don't worry I texted Stephen to grab your stuff for you. Is it okay if I crash here I kinda don't want to walk all the way to my house." He says and I nod.

"Yeah Riley's probably still up so you can sleep in his room or take the couch in the living room."

"Why can't I sleep in your room." He says wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

"Because you'll be a perv," I say causing him to laugh, "and then the team will be right about slept together and they'd never leave us alone." I say putting my hands on his chest.

"Right so I'll take Riley's room." He says following me as I head into the house.

"Just remember we have practice tomorrow afternoon." I whisper as we walk up the stairs as quiet as we can.

"Always fun. Good night McAdams." He says winking before kissing my cheek and opening Riley's bedroom door.

"Night Kregel."

...

"Why the hell is Jacob in my room?" Riley says barging into my room at nine in the morning the next day.

"Well I didn't want him sleeping in my room. Would you have rather me done that?" I ask and Riley shakes his head.

"No if he had done that we would've had a problem." He says cracking his knuckles causing me to laugh.

"I don't need you to protect me." I say rolling my eyes and he puffs out his chest.

"Hey without Rob here I'm your only older brother in the house. I gotta take care of you."

"You're only older by six minutes." I say and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Yeah and older means older now deal with it." He says and I laugh.

"By the way, Sammie made pancakes downstairs. So wake Jacob because I'm starving." Riley says before running out of my bedroom.

"Hey Jacob." I say walking into Riley's room. On the floor with one pillow and still fully dressed laid Jacob groaning.

"Mom go away." He says batting his hand and I laugh, sitting on the floor next to him.

"Do I look like your mom?" I say and he opens one of his eyes and smiles.

"No," he says throwing his arm around me and snuggles close to me. "You look like a beautiful girl I know named Ryan." He says causing me to blush.

"Come on there's pancakes downstairs." I say trying to get out of Jacob's grip.

"Five more minutes." He says pulling back into his chest.

"No the pancakes won't be warm." I say fully standing up. "Fine if you don't want any I'll leave you to sleep and eat them all." And in matter of seconds he's up on his feet, rushing out the door before I can even leave the room.