Chapter 3

Ugh I just hate school. Especially on Wednesdays. Because nothing good ever happens on a Wednesday.

"You're drooling again." Sammie, my best friend(other than Stephen of course) says to me as she pushed my mouth closed.

"Sorry." I say blushing and she laughs.

"Sweetheart it's your problem not mine." She says taking bite of her sandwich.

See usually I'd be sitting at the table with all my teammates and I'd have an excuse to staring at Jacob the whole period because he never stops talking. Which is a good thing because I do love staring at his lips. But today's Wednesday which means that Sammie has lunch with me. The school told Sam that she couldn't take all the classes she wanted this year. Somehow she convinced the school to let her create her own schedule and she figured out how to make it work. She has lunch one period Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays and another period on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

"It's just that he's so cute and I just wanna..." I sigh and Sammie smirks.

"Well contain yourself because he's coming over here." She says pointing behind me.

"Crap." I whisper to myself as I feel Jacob slide into the seat next to me.

"Is this seat taken?" he asks smiling.

"Now it is." I say returning the smile and he laughs.

"Hey Sam." Jacob says and she replies back with a quick "hi" before she walks over to the table filled with the football team and takes the seat next to Stephen.

"So um what's up?" I ask trying to keep my cool.

"I kinda have a question I wanna ask you." He says rubbing the back of his neck and I gulp.

"Sh-shoot." I stutter out and he laughs.

"Okay so you're really smart and I'm well not and I'm kinda struggling with chemistry and since you took it last year and did amazing I was wondering if you could possibly tutor me?" he asks and I breath. I thought he was gonna ask me something else.

"Yeah totally." I say and he gives me the widest smile.

"Great. Thanks McAdams." He says and I cringe at the nickname. Literally that's all he calls me.

"So when do you wanna get started?" I ask and he quickly replies.

"How about after school today? Can you do it at your house since I'm suppose to chill with Riley anyways?" He asks and I nod.

"Totally." I say and before he can say anything else the bell rings.

As we both stand up, Jacob pulls me into a hug.

"Thanks you're an amazing friend McAdams." He whispers in my ear and my insides crumble.

Yeah friend. Like usual.

As I walk into the hallway I catch up to Stephen and Sam walking towards our next class, gym. I seriously think students participating in a sport shouldn't have to take a gym class but no one listens to me.

"Well what did he say?" Sammie asks and I sigh.

"I'm his tutor now and I'm an amazing friend." I say sarcastically and both my friends look at me.

"Oh sweetheart that's terrible." Sammie says pulling me into a hug in the middle of the hallway.

"Dude he's crazy. Maybe he wants to spend time with you?" Stephen butts in but I shake my head.

"Nah he has plans with Riley after that's probably why he asked. Riley probably suggested it." I say shrugging trying to hide the hurt. Too bad they know me too well.

"Maybe we should just skip this class." Sammie suggest and me and Stephen immediately shake our heads.

"We can't play in the game than." I say and Sammie nods.

"I know but we can just say we have a meeting with Mr. Welter and skip the class. That's a good excuse." She says and I think and it is. Mr. Welter is our history teacher who we adore. He's probably the best teacher we have this year.

"Yeah Welter will play it cool if they ask him too." Stephen says and I nod.

"Then it's settled we skip gym and take a breather and then return back to school." There's Sammie for you. Creating a plan to get out of school and then thinking about school right after.

"Whatever makes you happy Sammie." I say hitting her shoulder and she laughs.

"And we can get you ready for your study date." She says and I glare at her.

"No I'm just tutoring him." I say and Stephen laughs.

"You call it what you want, but we'll call it date." He said linking arms with Sammie as they walk towards the gym leaving me to catch up to them.

Maybe Wednesday's didn't suck.