Chapter 9

"I'm so nervous."

"Oh shut up." I say hitting him to calm him down. It doesn't work.

"What if she says no? What if I forget what to say? This is bad this is very very bad." He says pacing around the room and I stick my arms out to stop him.

"Oh calm down it'll be fine she'll say yes." I reassure him and he nods.

"Okay."

It took us all morning but we had finally gotten millions of pictures of Stephen and Sammie taped to her first period wall spelling out JUNIOR PROM? It's such an adorable idea she's definitely gonna say yes.

And right on que the bell rings and I pull out my phone. Almost seconds later Sammie walks in smiling than her face changes to a confused look.

"You're not in this room." She says and I point over to where Stephen is and she gasps.

He smiles and looks down.

"So um Sammie... Junior prom?" He asks and she jumps up and down.

"Yes god I thought you were never gonna ask me." She says running over to him and hugging him and I mentally awe. They are so cute. Finally they are together.

I leave them to be and push my way past all the people entering the classroom so I can head to my locker.

"What took you so long Ryan?" I smile when I see Jacob leaning against the locker, his arms crossed.

"I had to help Stephen with something." I say using the combination to open my locker.

"Oh that's good." He says rubbing his neck and I laugh.

"Don't worry I was only helping him ask Sammie to junior prom." I say and he gives me a confused look.

"Wait you mean-"

"Yeah we were just best friends nothing more nothing less." I say pinching Jacobs cheek before closing my locker.

"Hey what was that for?" He asks and I smile.

"You're cute when you're jealous." I say as I walk down the hallway to my first period class, US government.

"What? Me jealous?" I hear someone say as they take the steps next to me.

"Yes you Jacob jealous." I say and he laughs.

"Of what exactly?" He says and I shrug.

"I don't know it's your brain not mine." I say and he smirks.

"Well now I don't have a reason to be jealous." he says and I laugh.

"Wait since when were you jealous?" I ask acting all innocent.

"Oh that's how it's gonna be? You're gonna get it." He says chasing me down the hallway and I dodged past everyone and run into my classroom. I come crashing to the floor with the impact of something heavy on top of me. Jacob.

"We meet again." jacob says smiling at me and I laugh.

"It seems so." I say and he laughs too.

I'd say our lips are about an inch away maybe two at the max and I don't know how long we stayed that close but I know that I never wanna move.

Cliche #2

Kissing because your love interest has fallen and your face to face which gives them the urge to kiss you.

He leans closer and I can't move and it's almost there until.

"Dude what are you doing?"

Almost immediately Jacob shoots up and begins dusting himself off.

"I trip but it's all okay right Ryan?" He says and I force a smile.

"Right." I say through my teeth and I take the hand that Jacob extended to help myself up.

"Well I'll see you later at practice Jacob." I say waving and he looks at me.

"What about lunch?" He says and I shrug.

"Not hungry."

"But it's first period."

"I'm not hungry Jacob." I say and I take my seat and watch as the remaining ten students file into the classroom leaving Jacob to remove himself from the room and take why awkward walk of shame back the his classroom. Before he left he turned to give me a look and his brown puppy eyes killed me inside.

God I am so stupid.