Chapter 14

"Am I gonna have to carry you?" I ask laughing as I watch Jacob struggle to walk, wincing every step.

"You couldn't hold me with your little arms." He says grabbing the my arm trying to ignore the muscles.

"Please coach had me do 200 push ups every day over the summer. If anything I could carry you and someone else together." I say laughing.

"I'm fine. How are you not in pain?" He says wincing again and I laugh.

"I am but I, like most females, can mask their pain unlike the babies you males are." I say and he groans.

"I'm already in enough pain you don't have to hurt my self esteem too." He says laughing.

"Oh I'm not done. If you hadn't thrown crappy pass and made people miss we wouldn't have had to run as much." I say crossing my arms and he pouts.

"That was plain mean." He says and I shrug.

"I'm plain mean." I say and Jacob laughs.

"No. You're plain adorable." He says placing his hands on my hips so we are facing each other and pulls me closer to him.

"What are you doing?" I whisper out not being able to find enough confidence to speak at a normal volume. I watched as Jacobs cheeks turned as red as my lifeguard sweatshirt. He sighed and I could feel his breath on my lips. Finally he pulled his hands off my hips and rubbed the back of his neck with one of them.

"Um you know just um..." he never finished his thought, zoning out creating a silence that made me feel uncomfortable.

When we got to his house we walked in the silence never fading. In his room we placed our bags where we had last time.

"So science?" He says pulling notebook out and I grab his textbook off his desk.

"Let's get started." I say and finally the silence had stopped.

About a half hour later I look up from the textbook to see Jacob staring at me.

"What?" I ask and he smiles.

"Are you gonna stay for dinner this time?" He asks winking and I blush.

"Is it okay?" I ask and he nods.

"It's just me and Jenna and since the last time you were here Jenna won't stop talking about you." He says laughing and I smile.

"Well then I guess I'll stay." I say and he grins.

"Great." He says before returning to the notes in front of him. So cute.

"So break for dinner?" He says after we had finished going over some flash cards.

"Sure what are we having?" I ask and he shrugs.

"No clue." He says and I laugh as we head down to his kitchen.

"Let's see what we have." Jacob says opening random cabinets.

"Oh you have Mac n Cheese." I say clapping my hands together and Jacob turns around to look at me smiling.

"Would the lovely Ryan McAdams like to have some Mac n Cheese?" He says teasing me and I laugh nodding my head.

"Then Mac n Cheese it shall be." He says lifting his fist in the air. He grabs 2 boxes off the shelf and starts getting out a pot. .

"Can you tell Jenna what's for dinner? Her rooms two doors down from mine." He says and I nod as I head back up stairs. I find Jenna's room and knock on the door. It creaks open and Jenna looks up and when she sees me she smiles.

"Ryan! Are you finally staying for dinner?" She asks fully opening the door and I laugh and nod my head.

"Yeah that's why I'm up here. Is Mac n Cheese good with you?" I ask and she jumps up and down.

"Oh Mac n Cheese! I love Mac n Cheese." She says and I start jumping with her.

"Me too." I say and she laughs running down the stairs. I follow her and I see she's in the kitchen watching Jacob make the food.

"Mmmhhh." Jenna says looking into the pot as Jacob stirred. "Your girlfriend has a good taste in food." She says smiling and he shakes his head.

"N-no she's not no she's not my g-" Jacob mutters out and I laugh.

"Sorry sweetie but we're not dating." I say to Jenna and she cocks her head.

"Why not?" She says and I am lost for the answer. When I don't respond Jenna grins madly. "See there's no reason for you not to be together." She says and she walks over to me grabbing my hand. She drags me over to where Jacob is standing and replaces her hand with his.

"There now kiss." She says crossing her arms looking satisfied. I look up to Jacob and he looks moritified. Looks like he's not interested in me.

"Fine." I say and I see Jacob stiffen even more. I lean in and kiss his cheek, a friendly gesture.

"That doesn't count." Jenna says pouting and I laugh.

"Next time you gotta be clearer." I say and she grins.

"Trust me I will." she says before skipping off.

"Strange child." I whisper under my breath and Jacob laughs.

"Tell me about it." He says continuing to stir the food. I can't tell why I'm still standing next to Jacob pointlessly until I realize that we're still holding hands. He hasn't let go. I don't move instead I lean on the counter next to the stove and just stare at his face. It sounds weird but trust me when someone has a face like that, you can't look away.

After a few minutes Jacob looks up with his mouth open as if he's gonna say something but once he looks at me he closes his mouth. After what felt like eternity passed the silence was stopped when Jacob muttered out, "God I wanna kiss you." I blushed madly brushing the hair in the face out of the way.

"Then do it." I say finally have the courage to say something. He opens his eyes wider and I nod my head before he takes a step closer. I squeeze the hand im holding and he looks down at our hands. He places is other hand around my waist and pulls me closer so our chests are touching. His face is even closer than before and I flutter my eyes closed. I can feel him lean in and finally I'm gonna get this kiss.

"Is the food ready?" There's a shout from the kitchen entrance that scared me making me jump.

"Oh." Jenna says and Jacob laughs nervously.

"Yeah I'll make us all a bowl." he says letting go of my hand much to my disappointment.

The food is eaten in silence and after that I make the excuse that I have to be home to study for my own test.

"Thank you for the dinner." I say as I'm walking out the door and Jacob laughs.

"Thank you for the studying. Let's hope I'll pass." He says and I laugh this time.

"You'll definetly pass you are so ready for this test." I say and I walk out the door calling a final goodbye to Jenna and a slight wave to Jacob.

"See ya." He yells as I get into the car.

"So anything happen?" Riley says from the drivers seat wiggling his eyebrows as a joke.

No, I think to myself. Only your best friend tried to kiss me twice and I ruined both times. God I suck at relationships.