Chapter 11

20 minutes before party started we pulled up two blocks away from Kyles house. We had to walk the rest of the way, Riley claiming, "it's gonna be packed were not gonna be able to get the car out to leave." The blocks were long and I could tell Sammie was regretting wearing heels.

"I could carry you." Stephen says pulling her into a firemans carry causing Sammie to scream.

"Put me down." she says hitting his arm not making any effect in hurting him.

"No." He says laughing run down the block causing her to bounce in his arms. She throws her head back and I can see her laugh.

"They're so cute." I say and Riley looks up from his phone.

"Huh?"

"Sammie and Stephen. They're so cute together." Riley shrugs and looks back down at his phone ignoring me.

"Who you texting?" I ask when I look over to him and see a smile spread on his face.

"No one." He says locking his phone and he slides it into his pocket. I roll my eyes because it's probably Jamie again.

When we get to the front of Kyles house we see Sammie and Stephen standing there glaring at us.

"Come on guys why do you walk so slow?" Sammie asked putting her hands on her hips.

"I don't know. Why did you feel the need to make out with your boyfriend?" I say gesturing to hers and Stephens swollen lips and Sammie turns bright red.

"Shut up." She whines and throws her hand over her mouth.

"So... Are we gonna stand out here awkwardly all night or are we going inside?" Riley says walking towards the door. I follow and leave Sam and Stephen to do whatever they want outside. Kyles house was huge and if you hadn't been there before you'd be completely lost. Riley and I take a step to the kitchen and there's already about 6 guys there, all from the football team.

"Sup guys?" Riley yells and they all turn and start cheering(it was like whoop whoop whoop.)

"Now it's a party! Not just Riley McAdams but Ryan McAdams. The McAdams twins know how to party." Kyle says throwing his arm over both of our shoulders. We both laugh and look at each other, laughing again because we always do this.

"This party is gonna be crazy." One of the guys yells and I smile grabbing a water bottle. Half an hour later people started showing up. No one wanted to be on time. You had to arrive at the perfect time. Not too early, not too late. The house was packed and I could barely move without hitting someone. About an hour after the party started I found myself talking to Lisa Walker, well more like listening to Lisa Walker.

"And then Hannah told Carl that I wasn't even skinny. Can you believe that?" She says stirring her drink. Yes I mentally think rolling my eyes.

"Lisa I gotta go." I say trying to grab my arm but she pulls me back down.

"Why?" She says questioning me.

"I um... I have to-"

"She promised to dance with me earlier." I hear a voice say behind me and I turn around and smile. There stood Jacob Kregel wearing a black tight fitted shirt looking dashing as ever.

"Yeah I had to find him 'cause I um told him I'd dance with him." I say getting up and link our arms together.

"Oh okay. Have fun Ryan." She says glaring at Jacob then gets up to probably annoy someone else.

"Oh my god thank you you're a life savior." I say hugging Jacob and he laughs.

"No problem."

"What can I do to repay you. You just saved the night." I say and he blushes.

"How about that dance?" He asked looking at me then quickly looks away.

"You want to dance? With me?" I ask and he nods smiling.

"Oh um sure." I say smiling and he pulls me into Kyles living room where the music is playing.

"I'll be right back." He says leaving me to sit on the couch as I see him walk over to the guy running the playlist of songs. I see him whisper something to him and then hand him something before heading back to me. I stand up and smile at him and I get a smile back.

"Ready to dance?" He says grabbing my hand and pulls me onto the hardwood floor. As soon as we hit the floor, the loud music immediately stops and a slower song bursts from the speakers. Jacob pulls me closer and places his hands on my hips.

"You look really pretty." He says swaying us back and forth and I blush.

"T-thanks." I manage to get with all my nerves overwhelming me.

Cliche #3

Slow song plays it's going all well and either they kiss and its happily ever after or something goes terribly wrong.

And with my luck it's the second option.