Chapter 6

"So you and Stephen are pretty close I see." I hear next to me as I'm at my locker, the next day. Jacob is leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Yeah we're best friends have been since we could walk I think." I say grabbing my Spanish binder and putting it in my backpack before closing it. I turn to walk towards the cafeteria, Jacob following close behind.

"What were you guys doing last night?" He asks and I shrug.

"Watched a movie, ate, chilled, ate some more." I say and he laughs.

"Sounded like more than chilling." I hear him mumble under his breath.

"Sorry what was that?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Nothing." He says as we walk into the cafeteria. I head to sit down with Sammie when Jacob grabs my arm.

"She can sit with us ya know." He says motioning towards Sammie.

"Yeah I kinda figured. It's just that we can talk about girl stuff over there." I say and he laughs.

"Girl stuff? Can't you just do that not during lunch?" He says and I shrug.

"Fine go sit with her but I'm joining you." He says locking his hand with mine and dragging me towards the table. We approach the table and Sammies mouth is opened. I can feel the blush on my cheeks. Jacob sits down holding my hand and when I don't sit down he looks at me and then looks down at our hands.

"Oh right." He says releasing my hand and he rubs the back of his neck.

"So Sam how are you?" Jacob says a blush on his cheek.

"I'm pretty good. How are you doing mister fancy pants?" She says teasing him with the nickname she gave him when he became the quarterback.

"I'm fine." He says laughing and then he looks at me.

"So girl stuff?" He says motioning to Sam and I can't think of any words to say.

"That science test was hard wasn't it Ryan?" Sammie says and I sigh because she caught on.

"Yeah it's was very difficult." I say laughing and I start eating my sandwich.

"What did you get for number 18?" She asks and I hold up two fingers signaling I got choice 2.

"Jacob you might get bored why don't you go sit with the team?" I say when I swallow my sandwich.

"Nah I'd rather sit with you." He says and I blush.

"Why don't we all just go sit with them?" Sammie says and Jacob turns to her.

"Well I suggested that but M-"

"Alright let's go." I say grabbing Jacob's hand and pull him towards the other table Sammie following close behind.

When we get to the table I talk the seat across from Stephen and pull Jacob into the seat next to me. Sammie takes the seat next to Quinn the second-string line back but immediately moves when he tries to put his arm around her. She slides in next to Stephen and I give him a knowing look. He smiles and the shakes his head slightly to the left to motion at Jacob because our hands are still together and he doesn't seem to notice as he's in a full on conversation with Kyle.

"Why are you blushing Ryan?" John says next to Stephen and I blush even harder trying to hide my face.

"It's nothing." I say making it look like I'm trying to get something from my bag letting go of Jacobs hand in the process.

"It doesn't seem like nothing." He says and I give him a look.

"It's nothing. Drop it." I say and everyone ohs except Sammie who's laughing.

"Alright sorry man." He says throwing his hands up in the air. Everyone laughs in response and that's when you can just make out the bell going off signaling that the period is over.

"Alright guys football practice after school. Gotta work on those passes." Jacob says and we all nod.

I'm about to walk away like everyone else when I feel someone grab my arm.

"Can we um study after practice today?" He says and I smile.

"Sure." I say and he smiles.

"Alright come to mine then?" He says and I nod.

"Okay good I'll see you at practice then." He says and I nod again before walking out into the hallway.

"We didn't even need to use the plan." Stephen says as we walk towards study hall.

"What plan?" Sammie asks and I shrug.

"Oh nothing." Stephen says winking at me leaving same completely confused.