Chapter 1

"Alright McAdams head in there and kick the shit out of that ball." My coach said smacking the side of my helmet.

"Yesh coacsh." I said the mouth piece still hard to talk with even though I've been playing for five years.

The game was just starting. I always started. I was their go to girl when it came to field goals and extra points. You may be thinking to yourself "there's a girl on this schools football team?" And to that I say, "yes dipshit get over it."

We hustled out there and waited for Kregel to call the play.

"Alright. Let's do a right cut Stevens you're receiving. Carlson be ready for the handoff in case they're marking heavily." Kregel said and we all nod before we break.

"Red. 42. Set. Hike."

The play began and I blocked my man as best as I could. I could just see that Stevens was marked so I pushed my guy to the side so Carlson had a spot to run through. And just like that he was off. Racing from the 20 on our half to the 30 on their half before he was tackled.

"Nice work McAdams." Kregel said punching my shoulder.

"Thanks." I managed to get out. Good thing this helmet hid my face I was blushing like mad.

An hour and a half later, the game finally ended with a smashing victory. We had won our game 34 to 9. If we keep going like this we can make the playoffs. And man was I on fire. I got four extra points and two field goals.

Now comes the worst part of the games. Post game locker rooms. While all the guys celebrated with the coach and each other, I was left to head to the girls locker room by myself with the snobby cheerleaders, who were more interested in the sweaty players than the actual game.

"Amazing playing as always McAdams." I turned to see Jacob talking to me and I smiled.

"Thanks. I would say the same for you but what about the sloppy throw in the third quarter? I could've done better than that." I said teasing and he laughed.

"Ah shove off McAdams. You probably throw like a girl." He says pushing my shoulder.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I said smiling and he laughs again.

"It's all like 'oh I'm a girl I throw the ball like this.'" He said demonstrating a terrible stance and then flicking his wrist.

"I do not do that." I said pouting. "Besides you couldn't kick a rock more than ten yards if you tried." And with that I crossed my arms.

"Liar. I can even kick better than you." He said stepping closer to me.

"Oh yeah prove it." I said and he smirked.

"McAdams, Kregel stop flirting with each other and hit the locker rooms you both smell like an armpit exploded." I frowned and saw Stephen McFly, otherwise known as my best friend, smirking at us.

I take a step back and I clear my throat. "Well um good job Kregel." I said patting him on the shoulder before walking towards the locker room.

I shoot Stephen a dirty look but he just shrugs and heads into the locker room.

"Oh my god did you see Kyle's butt in those pants? It is to die for." I hear as soon as I walk into the locker room. Great they're still in here. I start walking towards my locker and as I pass each section the girls go quite. Either they don't wanna talk when I'm around or they don't wanna talk about the guys when I'm around because they're scared I'll tell the guys what they say. The funny thing is the guys would love to hear this and that's exactly why I wouldn't tell them.

"Nice job McAdams." One of the girls said as the walked by me and towards her friends.

"Yeah thanks." I said trying to completely ignore them as I take all my sweaty equipment off.

"It must suck being the only girl on the team." She continued saying and I just shrugged.

"I really don't mind." I said and she laughs.

"Of course not." She said and I look at her confused.

"Why would you say that?" I ask and she laughs.

"Isn't it obvious?" She said flipping her hair as I put my shoulder pads in the locker.

"Um not really." I said pulling my cleats off and throwing them in my giant duffle bag.

"Aren't you only on the team because you're a slut?" Wait did she just say those words.

"What?" I spit out grinding my teeth.

"Well no girl would like playing football unless they wanted to be with the guys so you're obviously only doing it be-" I come charging at her smashing her into a locker.

"Unlike everyone else in this room, I'm not a slut and I'm on the team because I do like playing football and unlike you and you're little group of plastic barbies, I actually have a talent and can do something on my own without the use of "daddy's" money." I said before pulling away from her and grabbing my bag before heading out of the locker room.

"And you're late because..." I turned to see Stephen where he always is after the games.

"Apparently I'm a slut now." I said and he laughed.

"Well that's a new one isn't it?" He said and I laughed.

"Yeah and it won't be said again." I said brushing my shoulder as if there was dirt on it causing Stephen to laugh again.

"Girl you're too sassy sometimes." He said before we headed over to his car so we could head home.

"Yeah I know."