Chapter 8

"Guess what Sammie." I say and I hear Stephen cough but I choose to ignore him.

"Yeah Ryan?" She says and I smile.

"Exactly."

"What?"

"Ryan exactly."

"No he didn't." She says standing up from her desk.

"Yeah he did." I say and almost in unison we let out girl squeals which cause Stephen to cover his ears.

"Guys I'm wearing headphones can you stop." He says and we both just give him a look before squealing quieter.

"So today?" She asks and I laugh.

"Yeah." I say and Stephen smirks.

"Finally. I've been sick of the McAdams bit for so long." He says and I roll my eyes.

"You weren't the only one." I say and Sammie laughs.

"Omg what if he takes you to junior prom?!" She yells and Stephen covers his ears and gives her a look again.

"That's not gonna happen." I say and it's true. Junior prom was only three weeks away and I was planning on not going. Everyone was asked already. Well everyone but Sam because Stephen had this whole thing planned out for tomorrow but she doesn't know it yet.

"Well it looks like we're both staying home for junior prom." Sammie says crossing her arms and I shoot Stephen a look.

"Um alright guys I'm out have fun discussing your plans." Stephen says before signing off.

"What's his problem?" Sam says and I just shrug because if I say something she'll know right away its a lie.

"Well I'm gonna sign off too." Sammie says yawning. "I'm tired and I have to head to school early to help with something in the library." She waves and than its me and a blank screen.

'I'm gonna be alone on junior prom.' I think to myself.

Stephen and Sam are gonna go together and Riley's going with some girl Jamie that just moved here and I really don't wanna know who Jacobs going with.

Maybe I should go I mean the worst thing that could happen is I don't have a date and I chill with someone on the team that didn't get one too.

It can't be that bad. I mean wearing a dress would be nice and it would technically be the first high school party I've been to because I don't count the after party's of football games as a party. I'm basically required to come no if, thens, or buts.

But I don't wanna seem like a third wheel to Stephen and Sam. God this is so stressful. I let out a groan and almost immediately after I hear a knock on the door.

"What?" I ask and the door opens slowly.

"Well you sound happy." Rachael says sitting down on the bed next to me.

"You could say that again." I say shoving my head into the pillow.

"Why so glum chum?" She says and I laugh.

"I don't know if I should go to junior prom. I don't have a date." I say and Rachael gasps.

"Who cares? It's the only time you'll go to junior prom you gotta have fun. Let your hair down. Dance a little. Get loose." Rachael says as she gets up and swings her arms around dance like a maniac.

"I get the point." I say laughing and she smiles.

"So we're going dress shopping this weekend right?" She asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I guess." I say and Rachael smiles before heading out the door.

"Mom this weekend!" I hear her yell and I laugh because they had been planning on me going the whole time.