Chapter 10

"So you're not gonna sit with us today?" Stephen asks sliding into the seat next to me in the lunch room.

"Yeah I'd rather not." I say taking a bite of my sandwich and look down. I wasn't in a good mood, and Stephen was annoying me because he was being still all happy about Sammie saying yes.

"Come it's Friday that means the guys are planning a party for tonight." He says nudging my elbow and I glare at him.

"Yeah and I never go to those stupid parties." I say and Stephen frowns.

"Maybe you should come this weekend." He says shrugging his shoulders. What does he not get about me not wanting to go? I'm not a party person and I'm not going.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes." It goes on for what feels like forever and I finally sigh.

"Okay fine but I'm not gonna enjoy myself." I say and Stephen starts smiling again.

"This is great. Plans are happening." He mumbles to himself rubbing his hands together.

"Plans?" I ask and Stephen just looks at me.

"What plans? I never said plans what are you talking about?" He says and I just raise my eyebrow.

"I'm just not gonna question you." I say standing up to walk over the teams table when Stephen grabs my arm.

"Where are you going?" He says and I smile.

"Obviously I gotta know what's happening about this party." I say and he smiles and follows me to join the team.

When we reach the table there's a chorus of heys and we take the only two available sets that are next to each other.

"So party at Kyles tonight?" Tyler says from next to Stephen and Kyle nods.

"Yeah my parents are out of town and are totally fine with it as long as we don't severally break something." Unlike most kids the kids on the football team are terrified of their parents and if they say no party there's no party.

"I'm gonna come to this one guys." I say and they all turn to me and start cheering.

"Yes we're gonna party McAdams style." I hear someone shout and I laugh.

"Yeah it's gonna be a great party." I turn to see Jacob staring at me and I bite my lip turning away. I totally forgot he was coming man this is gonna be so awkward.

"Alright so guys invite whoever you want and show up at like 9 that's when the party'll start." Kyle says and they all cheer causing me to laugh. I may actually enjoy myself at a party for once.

Coach was giving us the day off since the game wasn't until Tuesday and he was spying on the other teams game that was today so I asked Sammie to come and help me get an outfit. The only party I've really been to was a pasta party and I wore sweats and a t-shirt so I had no idea what to wear now.

"No I'm not wearing this it's too uncomfortable." I say trying to make Sammie drop the skirt but she wouldn't budge.

"Come on. If you're gonna impress Jacob you gotta look decent." She says and I gasp.

"I look decent in a pair of jeans and that's what I'm wearing." I say turning to grab my black jeans. I throw on a simple black tshirt and tie a flannel around my waist.

"There I'm wearing this." I say and Sammie sighs.

"Fine but you're not wearing your hair up." She says and I pout.

"Please." I say clasping my hands together, getting down on my knees begging.

"No you can wear my beanie though." she says throwing a black hat at me.

"This? This is better than me wearing my hair up?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah here I'll help you." she says walking over to me and fixes the hat on my head.

"There." She says and I look in the mirror

"Not half bad." I say and she laughs.

"No problem it was nothing." She says brushing imaginary dirt off her shoulder.

We head down to the living room to see Riley and Stephen sitting on the couch.

"Ryan you're going to the party?" Riley asks and I smile.

"Yeah I guess." I say.

"Yes McAdam twins partying until the sun rises!" He says holding up his hand for a high five and I hit his hand.

"Alright now we just gotta figure out something to do for a few hours and then it's party time." Sammie says rubbing her hands together. I really wanna head to this party.