Chapter 5

"So Stephen dear how have you been?" Mom asks and Stephen laughs.

"I'm good Robin. You act like you haven't seen me in forever." He says and she laughs.

"Well you haven't eaten here in almost a week." she says and I laugh as well.

"Ryan is Sammie coming over too?" Mom asks and I shake my head.

"Nah Kevin's taking her to dinner." I say and mom nods.

"And how are you Jacob?" My asks and he looks up from his plate.

"I'm doing good mrs. McAdams." He says and mom smiles.

"That's nice." that's it that's basically the table conversation. Well I mean me and Stephen have a conversation and so do Riley and Jacob. Rachael sits on her phone working on new ways to be "popular" and mom sits there enjoying the food. After dinner Stephen and I head to my room and Riley and Jacob follow not close behind up to Riley's room.

As soon as we walk in Stephen closes the door and pushes me onto the bed.

"What are you doing?" I say sitting up on my bed as he sits next to me.

"I have a plan." Stephens says his eyes filled with mischievousness.

"I'm scared." I say and he laughs.

"You shouldn't be." He says and I gulp.

"So what is it?" I say nervously.

"We make Jacob jealous." He says and I laugh.

"How?" I say.

"Well when me and you were on the couch watch the movie, I could see that he was not very happy that we were sitting so close together. And when I made my comment about your moms food he figured out that I'm always here and he got upset about that. Therefore I say we make him jealous." Stephen says and I laugh.

"What if this back fires? What if I develope feeling for you or vice versa?" I ask and Stephen laughs.

"You won't get feelings for me I'm me and I can't compare to Jacob." He says and I input a "true" and he shoots me a hurt look. "Besides if we have to act like this in school I can also make someone jealous so this plan helps both of us.

"Who is it?" I asks and he blushes.

"I knew it!" I yell jumping around my room.

"How'd you know I like Sam?" Stephen says and I laugh.

"Pu-lease you follow her around like a poor puppy dog. You're head over heels for her." I say and he turns even redder.

"Is it that obvious?" He says and I nod my head.

"Yeah I'm surprised we guys aren't dating yet." I say and Stephen smiles.

"That means she likes me." He says jumping off the bed.

"W-well I never said-"

"But you implied it. Oh this plan is gonna work so well that were both gonna be in very lovely relationships soon." Stephen says and I laugh.

Cliche moment #1

Trying to make someone jealous so you use a fake boyfriend/girlfriend to see if they are interested in you.

This wasn't the cliche love story I wanted but it getting there.

"Alright let's put this plan in action." Stephen says pulling me off the bed and he starts banging on the wall.

"What are you doing?" I ask and Stephen laughs quietly.

"Making it sound like things are happening if you're in the room over." He says and motions for me to sit next to him.

"Sit and bounce up and down. Your bed will squeak." He says and I laugh next to him.

"Alright." I say sitting and start bouncing up and down hearing the bed squeak.

The music next door comes to an almost complete silence. I slow down on the bounce but Stephen hits the wall harder.

"It's working." Stephen says smiling like a devil.

There's a knock on the door and then Stephen is scrambling to make our clothes look messy.

I'm out of breath from laughing and bouncing and Stephens laughing too.

"Yeah?" Stephen says opening the door, his shirt on the floor.

"Um we just came to see if you guys were alright." Riley says and I see jacob peer his head into the room. I wave at him and smile. I can tell he's forcing a smile and I laugh.

"We're fine." Stephen says smirking and looking back at me.

"Oh okay." Riley says closing the door behind him but not before I see Jacobs face turn red.

"Well that went better than expected." Stephen says sitting down next to me and laughing.

"Yeah now can you put your shirt on?" I ask and he smirks.

"Too distracted by my amazing body?" He taunts back and I make disgusted face.

"Of course your majesty." I say getting up from the bed and tossing the shirt at him.

"Food?" He says slipping the shirt over his head.

"We just had dinner." I whine and he pouts.

"But I'm hungry." He says whining back and I sigh.

"Fine I guess." I say running out of the room Stephen chasing after me.

"First to the kitchen wins." I say running down the stairs Stephen close behind.

"No I must win!" Stephen says grabbing me from behind and pulls me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Stop it." I scream pounding on his back, as I laugh.

"Never!" He says throwing me down on the couch and sprinting straight to the kitchen.

"Yes I win!" He says doing a smile dance around the kitchen.

I straighten out my top and casually walk to the kitchen. "Good for you." I say getting the goldfish down because I know that's what he wants to eat.

"Yes you are the bestest friend ever!" He says kissing my cheek like always before shoving half off the bag down his throat.