Chapter 15 - Firework Festival

Start from the beginning

"W-what is it?" Mei asked, somewhat anxious when the boy was staring at them.

"Ah, well I already know everyone are very attractive. However, I can't really find the exact words to say how beautiful everyone tonight." Glynne's words made everyone, even the two adult at the back, blushed. They didn't expect such bold move however, they could feel that it came from the bottom of his heart.

"W-wow, I never thought you could say that."

"Oh my, if you aren't my student, I might have already fallen."

"T-that's, uhm.., thanks..."

"..."

"Awawawa, C-could you repeat that again?!"

"D-didn't I already warn you about this last time?"

Confused for moment, Glynne wondered why everyone seems to acting a bit shy. However, when he heard Fu Hua's words, he recalled his words as his face became red in embarrassment. "W-wait, I didn't mean that...no wait a sec, I truly mean it...Uurgh, w-what I'm trying to say is that I didn't intend to say that out loud."

Seeing the boy turn into a bumbling mess, the girls started giggling. This added to his embarrassment as he just shut his mouth before he could say anything awkward again.

"Alright, enough of that." Himeko said gaining the attention of the others. "We should go now."

@@@@@@@@@@@

"This is..." Glynne was speechless as he let out an amazed tone. They were still on the foot of the shrine however different kinds of stalls are already lined up to the sides as each have colorful banners to advertise themselves. Above it was a multiple lines of lanterns that illuminates the place with a golden glow. A lot of people come and go, just like the girls, each of them dress in colorful clothes. The boy could definitely feel the festive atmosphere.

"Mei, look they're selling takoyaki! Ah, there's also candy apple!" Kiana exclaimed as she grabbed her friend's hand.

"Wait up, Kiana!" despite Mei protest, she quickly found herself being dragged into the crowd.

"Careful you two, remember to meet us at t- and there they go..." Theresa tried to remind them about the meeting place but stopped midway when she judged that they won't be able to hear it. She let a sigh as she glanced at her side. "Could you follow them, Glynne?"

"No problem, I was also planning on doing it." Glynne agreed while scratching his head, looking also troubled by the white haired girl's antics. "Are you coming with me too, Bronya?"

"Negative" Bronya answered, surprising the boy a little bit. Usually, she would be agree without delay. However, he quickly thought that there might be something she would like to do. He didn't asked the reason and only showed a smile. "Is that so.., then have fun."

"Mn" Bronya nodded and saw the boy also disappear to the crowd of people.

@@@@@@@@@

"...Just how far have they gone?" Glynne muttered, failing to find the two for a few minutes now. With the amount of people beginning to increase, it's getting harder to locate Kiana and Mei. Judging that looking among the crowd would be a waste of time, he slowly step towards the side.

"Oh, if isn't Glynne?" the boy was surprised when the stall he stopped by was run by a familiar girl with amber hair.

"Claire? What are you doing here?" Glynne asked, confused as the girl should have a part time job at the ice cream stall back at the beach.

"As you can see, I'm also working here." Claire said in a matter of fact tone as she coated a banana in chocolate. "Want one?"

"Ah no, I'm busy right now." Glynne declines as the girl click her tongue for not being able to secure a sale. He raised his eyebrow at her dubious action but quickly shrugged his shoulders. "By the way, did Kiana and Mei pass by here?"