Chap 39 (I do)

"What is she doing here?", Shawn asked nudging Brian. Brian who just shrugged his shoulders called the security.

"Mom?", though the woman never considered Luna as her real daughter, Luna always respected her because first she was brought by her father and second her biological mother taught her to be respectful toward elders.

"Can you give me a few minutes?", she asked.

"No. You've already caused enough mess in her life. Better stay away", Shawn walked down the altar following Brian.

"How did she enter without the invitation card?", Shawn asked one of the security members.

"Sir, she said she's the mother of the bride", he replied.

"That's the point. If she was the mother she would have the invitation card", Shawn was fuming in anger. The most important event of his life was getting ruined by no one but one of the negative characters of their story.

"Sorry, sir we won't let this happen again", two of them stood at either side of her.

"Please I'll not take much of your time", she pleaded but Shawn remained rigid.

"Take her", Brian, who was standing by Shawn's side, said.

"Listen to me for once Luna", Luna wasn't sure how to respond to the situation. The woman because of whom she had to meet the scary night of her life was standing in front of her. She could've cursed her, remorse her now that she had the chance.

"Wait", they turned around to take her out of the scene when Luna walked to them.

"Release her", she said to the security.

"Luna?", Shawn looked at her confused. Luna closed her eyes for a good few seconds and opened them giving Shawn a reassuring gaze.

"Do as she said", Shawn commanded.

"What is it, mom?", she asked once her mom was released from their grip.

"After everything, I've done to you you're still calling me mom", her eyes filled with tears. The eyes Luna never saw a blink of love in for her were filled with tears. In seven years Luna never saw her crying. Even when Luna's dad died the woman didn't shed a single tear.

"You can see we don't have time. Come to the point", Shawn was trying his best to not go rude at the woman but seeing her only reminded him of the nights when Luna used to cry, the days when she starved herself, the time where they two suffered.

"You've all rights to go harsh on me. After all, I've caused only harm especially to you Luna", she took a step forward.

"Anyway, thank you for listening to me. I will not waste much of your precious time. Mr. Lewis told the cops that I sent you to him. He was furious that it all happened to him because of you and since I was the sole source who presented you to him he wanted to take revenge on me. When the police came to our door I was ready to be arrested by them but they told me that you didn't want to register any complaint against me. I couldn't sleep ever since you left the country. Every night I would hear screams in my sleep. I thought hard and hard until I reached the reason. You. After every wicked action, I committed against you how could have I thought to live in peace? Two days ago when I saw your video on Instagram I made up my mind that I'd ask you for...", she went quiet. Shawn's parents were hearing their conversation. Not just them but everyone who had been gathered to witness the couple becoming one.

"For?", Luna voiced out.

"For...forgiveness", she paused to maintain her unsteady breath.

"I know I'm not worthy of it but if you for-", before she could finish Luna cut her halfway through her sentence.

"I forgive you", Shawn was about to say something when Luna continued.

"But don't ever show up again. I'm a good enough person to forgive you but now stupid enough to trust you again. Even though you seem a changed person now but it's so hard for me to have any connection with you. I've been cut all the ropes that could lead me to my past. I forgive you, mom. Go and live your life", Luna held Shawn's hand.

"Please give a second chance", her mom begged-eyes filling with tears.

"I already gave you by forgiving though it wasn't an easy decision for me to make. But I did. Because I'm going to start a new life and to hold the past that could stink your future is utter nonsense. It takes time for wounds to be healed but they do one day for sure. People hurt others forgetting the Karma being a bitch. There must be guilt residing inside you and it's good. If you hadn't realized your mistake after everything you've done to dad and me, it would be a great loss of yours. Don't bother recalling the past. What has done is done now ", her mom grabbed Luna's free hand.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I'll get going now", she turned around and walked out.

"Buddy let's get this done", Brian said showing the ring box he was holding. Luna and Shawn walked back to the altar.

"Shall we start?", the pastor asked. They nodded their heads.

"Shawn Mendes do you take this woman whose hand you now hold, to be your true and wedded wife; and do you solemnly promise before God and these witnesses to LOVE, CHERISH, HONOR AND PROTECT HER: to forsake all others for her sake and her only, until death shall part you?", the pastor asked once again.

"I do", Shawn smiled looking right into Luna's eyes.

"Luna do you take this man who now holds your hand, to be your true and wedded husband and do you solemnly promise before God and these witnesses to LOVE, CHERISH, HONOR AND PROTECT HIM: to forsake all others for his sake and his only until death shall part you?", Luna brought her face closer to Shawn's anticipating what was coming next.

"I do", Shawn leaned closer to Luna when the pastor interrupted.

"Wait young man", the place filled with chuckles of guests seeing the most eager groom. Brian stepped forward opening the box revealing couples matching rings.

Shawn and Luna picked them and placed on each other's fingers one by one.

"You may seal your vows with a kiss."

Finally, Shawn and Luna shared a short sweet kiss. The guests awed at the gorgeous couple with shutters of cameras.
After pulling away they turned to face the guests.

"May I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Shawn", everyone stood up from the chairs clapping their hands.

They enjoyed the rest of the event with the jolliest person entertaining them, Brian. He made sure guests were having a blast throughout the reception.

Everything the couple had borne paid off today. Luna met the prince, not of her dreams but her life. Shawn got the girl of his life.

The two survived and became the strongest.

The two fought and had it all.

The two never gave up and ended up living their dream life.

The two became one.