Chap 14 (Narrow escape)

In the morning, I woke up with my head resting on. Shawn's chest. I tried to get up but he pulled me back on the bed. He whispered something I couldn't hear.

I leaned close to his ear to hear "Don't leave" coming out of his mouth in low voice.

His eyes were still closed. I put my hand on his forehead just to check if he was alright. To my bad, he was burning in fever.

"Shawn you have a fever!", moving my hand from his forehead to cheeks, he was all burning.

"Let's go to the doctor", I insisted but he kept refusing, saying that he can't go to the hospital with me.

"Why you can't go with me? I'll take you there don't refuse", it didn't work.

"I'll be in danger if anyone sees me with you", he held my hands.

"Danger? What's he talking about", I thought to myself. I thought maybe he was saying all that because of fever.

"Okay then tell me what can I do for you?", I asked.

"Just stay here", his eyes were looking pale.

"I'm gonna make soup for you. You rest here okay?", I got up from the bed as he nodded.

I walked into the kitchen and made soup for him. Meanwhile, I called Brian to come over. I met Brian a few days ago when he came to meet Shawn and it was a very weird meeting.

Flashback

"This is the girl who ran into us that night!", Brian asked when I came out of my room.

"Yes", Shawn replied.

"I don't believe this! She is so pretty. Just like an angel", he complimented that made Shawn insecure I wasn't sure what for.

"That's why you didn't tell Andrew about her. You absolutely wanted to keep such a beautiful girl by your side", I didn't understand what he was talking about.

"Who's this Andrew?", I asked, looking at Shawn.

"I think you're done. I can't come with you. I and Luna are going to cook something", Shawn lied cause after pausing Brian out of the house, he went to his room when I said, "He's a funny guy".

"He's not! Go to your room now", he rolled his eyes and entered his room. It looked like he just wanted Brian to leave.

Flashback ends

"Eat up", I helped him to sit.

Sitting next to him, I made him hold the bowl of chicken soup in his lap with both hands.

He was staring at the soup. I took the bowl from his hands and made spoonfuls for him. He was acting like a five-year-old baby while eating.

"No more", it was his sixth time saying this to me but I had been made up my mind to make him finish it.

"I think he's a here", I heard a doorbell.

"Finish the rest so that I'll be relieved", I said before leaving the room.

Shawn's POV

I saw Brian entering the room.

"What's up bro", he sat across from me on the bed.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"Luna told me that you're having a fever and refusing her to go to the hospital", I cut him off saying "Yeah you know" when he didn't let me either finish and continued "Yeah I know why you did that. But it's good that you didn't go. You know what can happen if someone catches sight of you with her".

"I bought some medicine for you. Take these and if they don't work, I'll take you to the hospital", he placed the medicine on the side table when I saw Luna standing behind him.

"What do you mean by that?", she certainly had heard everything.

"Okay okay, I'll also take you with him. By the way, this soup smells so good", Brian tried to change the topic but she didn't let it go.

"No I'm asking about what you said before?", she said.

"What can happen if someone sees us together?", she asked while looking at me.

"He's such a handsome boy. Girls will be jealous of you and can harm you", what a stupid idea Brian's brain came up with to cover the truth but surprisingly it worked.

"Oh", she seemed to be convinced now.

"Y/n will you bring me a glass of water?", I said when she left the room.

"What a narrow escape it was!", Brian sighed.

"You watch your mouth around her. Now leave and send her", I said.

"You're saying me to leave?", he asked as if we were a couple.

"Okay fine I'll also have a girlfriend soon. Be prepared cause I'll treat you the same way", he said, going out.

"Luna my girlfriend? Sound good", I smiled when Luna came back.

"Here your water", I put the glass on the table and said her to sit next to me.

"Luna can I ask for something?", I said. "Sure", she smiled.
Her confident, contagious smile melted my heart as my temperature started rising again.

"I want you to forgive me when I ask you for forgiveness", I knew that I had been lying to her since the beginning but I had no other choice. What if she left me knowing that I lied to her? What if she never believed me again. I couldn't take any chance.

"Are you going to hurt me?", she asked in a low voice.

"No! I can never do that", I quickly replied.

"Okay in that case I'll forgive you and if you ask for forgiveness after hurting me, I'll forgive you then too. Just hold my hand before doing anything to me. Never let it go. By doing this, I might get hurt over what you do but seeing you holding my hand after everything will make me forgive you every time", how can she be like this? She is telling me that I can hurt her.

"Luna I'll never hurt you I promise", I was getting emotional.

"I know", she smiled and held my hands.

"Shawn your temperature is rising", she got worried.

"Lay next to me I'll be fine", I said hoping that she would.

"It will help?", she asked as if she knew nothing.

"Yes", I smiled at her stupidity. How can one be this stupid? Or should I say how can someone be this innocent?

I scooted away from my place. She lay next to me.

I put my head on her chest and breathed deeply. I felt the beating of her heart even though it wasn't as fast as mine at the moment.

"Your fever will be gone soon. Don't worry", she said in a lury voice.