Chap 28 (Gunshot)

"Lunar-u-n-", words exiting Shawn's mouth in short gasps.

"Punny sickly chicken", the middle-aged man grabs a bottle of water. Opening its lid, he splashed water on Shawn's face making him blink his eyes, leaving him to gasp a breath out.

"Stop it", my voice rumbles around the compartment.

"What a miserable love story! Cinderella lost her shoe, but the prince couldn't get it back to her", the room echoes with claps of his hands.

"Untie him", I stop at my pace. What if they wouldn't let him go even after having me? He groans in disgust before signalling one of his men to cut all ropes around Shawn.

Shawn rises to his feet as the man pushes him toward me. I continue walking seeing Shawn coming in my direction. Lightening flickering outside makes its way in the room through a window that is hinged at the back wall.

It disperses all over his face making bruises on his face more visible. I begin to feel sick in the stomach. I'm fighting this urge to hold him in arms, to treat his wounds, to kiss his temples, to snuggle into his arms. Just as I walk past him I feel a strong tug, pulling me reverse in my track. He tightly wraps his arms around me as if he will never let go of me. Everyone around us takes guns out.

"Put them down. I'm coming!", I struggle with his strong grip, but that is of no use.

"Walk over here now!", Lewis, now, yells.

"Let me go Shawn", my all attempts to push him away appear to explode in a dark alley.

"Say that you love me. I know you do but I want to hear it from you", burying his head in my crook he whispers.

"Are you gone insane!", I try not to act weak, but shivers entwine in my voice.

"Say it", he is speaking in such an undertone that only I can hear him whispering.

"Get your f*cking ass here!", Lewis is the type of old screwed up man you would never dare to go against.

"I love you! I love you! Only you! I don't find myself breathing without you. My chest tightens when I see you suffering because of me. You're the most beautiful dream of my life, and like all other dreams, it can't last forever. It's time for me to open my eyes wide and wake up. Go back to your world and forget me. We never meant to be", we are meant to be.

Even though we belonged from different worlds, he came to me crashing down his one. By doing, whatever I'm gonna do, I will make sure to keep him safe and that matters the most to me.

"I just wanted to hear this. I won't let you go. Not now. Not ever", he pulls away. His eyes are full of hope that I could never maintain my grasp on.

"Please", I plead still with my tears threatening to fall. Who thought life would bring me this? There's only one way to save Shawn from these gangsters, handing over the flash drive that contains the video of the world-famous singer making out with a girl - a key source to bring his crown down, smashing him in a worst possible manner. And yeah my body too.

Once I walked to Lewis, one thing is for sure he won't let me go ever and I'll be part of his dirty dealings. Love of my life is standing by my side holding a hope to spend his every valuable second with an ordinary girl. If I hold his hand now, I'll lose him. If I walk to them, including my love, I'll lose myself too. Either way, I'm losing. It couldn't be horrible.

Could it be?

But I've been made my decision. Shawn has marked my body once. I belong to him. No new touch will fade those marks cause they weren't only imprinted my body but engraved on my heart too. Nevertheless, I will cherish the time I got to spend with such an amazing soul. My body will wander in present, my heart beating in the past, and my brain recalling all those memories of me and Shawn. That's how I'm gonna live better say pass my life. Cause a life without Shawn ain't worth living at all.

"You fucking kids are getting over my nerves", the man pulls his gun out and point it at Shawn.

His fingers are resting on the trigger in order to pull it any second. Sound of siren makes him broadened his pupils. Probably high noise that comes from police cars.

"Bitch you brought cops!", he takes a step toward us.

"No, I didn't! I swear I didn't tell anyone", time was never on my side I guess.

"Asshole stop lying! Let me show you what I meant when I said no cops. You wouldn't fit in my ass anyway!", spitting on the floor in disgust he takes another step, his all men on standby mode.

"This building is surrounded by cops. There's no way out. We are warning you to surrender or else it would not turn good for you", an echoing sound from outside reaches to all of us.

"We are entering the building now. If you try to make harm to any of the hostages, we will make sure you rote in the cell for the rest of your life", another voice.

My hands start getting sweaty because of fear of losing him. What if he-? No! "Listen. I swear I don't know who the hell informed them!", my attempt to cool down his anger goes in vain.

"Shut the f*ck up!", as the seconds are passing by the level of tension can be seen piling up inside him.

Four cops appear on the spot. His men and police both are pointing guns at each other surrounding me and Shawn all around. Five more cops march down near to former ones, standing behind them taking their positions.

"Everything is under our control Lewis. You can't run anymore from the police. Now tell your boys to drop the weapons", the one who seems to lead all others, speaks.

"Long time no see James", it looks like they know each other. Police might have been chasing this drug dealer, also known as an abuser, for a long time I guess.

"Sleazy bastard inside of you is still alive."
"Old habits die hard."

If they are done their much chit-chatting they should be escorting us out of the building.

"Kids walk over here", he nods his head in rather an assuring expression. Shawn looks at me and takes my hand in his.
We slowly start walking when the same shitty voice interrupts our steps.

"You can't leave without paying the death bitch", yanking my hand down Shawn turns around to face the man.

"Luna!", he pushes me so hard that I lose my balance and fall on the ground.

An extremely sharp sound of a bullet pierces through my soul.