Chap 37 (Will you marry me?)

Earlier when Shawn left Brian's place yesterday

"I've convinced him", Brian said to someone on the other side of the phone.

"Let's meet. I missed you so much", he nodded as he smiled at the thought of someone coming back to the country.

"Not before I meet him", he heard a reply from the receiving side.

"Okay be on time", after hanging up the call he laid on his bed thinking about how things were finally going to fall back in their original place.

Present

"Luna."

The setting sun had painted the sky in orangish-red colour. The summer breeze was flowing over the trees producing the rustling sound of leaves swaying in the direction of the source of their elation.

Time, itself, stopped to observe the moment that many hearts had been yearning for years. They say time is cruel. It keeps flowing in its direction leaving everyone, not matching its pace, behind in the stream of life. There's no contrary to this, but if you keep flowing with time, it does stop for you. It will stop for you. It will stop everything for you, to let you live in the moment you've been trying to live for years.

Why?

Because instead of giving up on things you decide to flow with it and fight and keep going to have what you deserve. Time may turn into a cruel monster for you same like it turned for Luna and Shawn but there they were standing before each other. They were meant for each other. They were meant to meet. They were meant to deserve each other the most.

Time put their love in a test over multiple times not to break them apart, but to make them strong. Indeed there's a beautiful destiny waiting for everyone after a curvy and rocky path of hurdles. It's up to you whether you decide to quit at the beginning, halfway through your journey or make it to the end so that you could enjoy the fruit of your every drop of blood, sweat and tear.

"Luna?", Shawn held his breath as he walked to the person his eyes had been thirsty to catch a glimpse of.

He brought his hands up to the face of Luna and placed them on either side of her cheeks.

"Shawn", tears filled eyes didn't blink even for once as they kept admiring the beauty before them.

Just as Luna placed her hands over Shawn's to snap herself into reality, since it was a surreal moment for both of them, Shawn jerked her right into his arms. Sighing a breath of relief he tightened his grip around her body. Both stayed in this position, feeling each other's warmth, touch, inhaling the smell they sought for this long. No one dared to move. It felt right for many reasons. Luna was happy being in the arms of his love again. Shawn was over the moon having the physical existence of the one his heart only loved.

"I missed you", Shawn mumbled digging his head in the clothed crook of Luna. A soft chuckle escaped Luna's mouth before pulling herself out of the hug.

"I know, stupid", she fixed her eyes into Shawn's. No matter how many minutes or hours or days, even years she stared into them she would never have enough of them. No one would have enough of those sparkling, full of life eyes.

"I missed you Luna", Shawn said again, looking down at the fresh green patch of grass this time.

Luna lifted his face while placing a finger under his chin only to meet glistening tear-filled eyes.

"Thank you for waiting for me Shawn", Luna knew how she was suppressing her tears behind the wholesome smile.

She was happy but her emotional side was tearing her apart at this delightful moment. Oh how long she held onto her heart!

"I knew that you will come back to me", the sight of a tear streaming down the cheek of Shawn was enough pushing for Luna to let her tears that were threatening to fall gush down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry I took this long. God knows how I calmed myself but I'm happy I did great. There's no fear, no void in my heart now. Though we were miles apart, your love healed me, Shawn. At a relatively small rate, it rebuilt once the broken and afraid self of mine. Look how strong your love is. I'm standing in front of you stronger, a lot more confident than before."

This was the moment that time itself waited for long. Lovers were departed because it had been written for them to reunite.

"It's because of your love that I'm standing here, Luna. I would've given up a long time ago if it wasn't for your love. I never lost hope because it was you I had put my all hopes in. It was your love, Luna."

It was their love. They never imagined that their love would turn into the most powerful emotion of this world. The dominant emotion of their lives.

"I'm never gonna leave your side again. I'll stick with you just like your shadow", Luna wiped her tears.

"I don't want you to be my shadow. Be my better half", Shawn knelt on his knees. Luna was trying to process his words when Shawn took a diamond ring out of his pocket.

"Will you marry me, Luna?"

This was the moment Shawn always dreamed of. Nth time in a year he tagging along the ring inside in his pocket everywhere he went hoping that he would get to use it. Finally, it felt worth doing.
Everything appeared like a dream. Every test the pair had been put through, either of them might have given up quite a while ago. But they were obliged to come this far. By whom? Their love. They believed in their love. They believed in their selves. They tightly gripped on the last fibre of hope and sought not the best but what they truly deserved.

Tears of joy start streaming down Luna's face again.

"Yes...Yes...Yes!", Luna covered her face with one hand when Shawn put the ring on the fourth finger of her left hand. He got up on his feet wiping his tears.

"Thank you for saving that place for me", he cupped her face and smashed their lips together.

He couldn't wait any longer. Why would he? Everything he always had wanted was right there. Both of them standing there, ultimately ready to open a new chapter of their lives. Without the slightest fear, ready to face whatever the future was holding for them.

Their every kiss had a salty taste of tears but stirred with the sweet taste of their cherry lips. Shawn kissed her lips at a slow pace, savouring and devouring the taste, inhaling the scent he craved for a year.

It paid. Their tears, their endurance, those breaking points had come to pay the fruit of their labour. They ventured into the blizzard and made out of it not just alive but stronger than before. More optimistic than the time when they met each other.

A single emotion changed everything. Love cultivated among them and grew over time even they were apart. Regardless of many ups and downs, they never fall apart.

Why?

Something was kept bonding them.

True love.

________________________
A/N: Happy Angels? See. I keep my promises. But why the hell am I getting emotshawnal! My first ever book, not writing, on Wattpad, going to end! There are many reasons to ride an emoshawnal roller coaster. First, reads. I never expected to reach this wider audience within a few months! I think I started updating three or four months ago. Not daily updates but yeah. Thank you for taking me this far Angels! Thank you thank you thank you! You guys are amazing! Getting more emoshawnal now. I don't want to cry lol. Adore y'all soft, beautiful people!
Comment if you want to have another chapter on their wedding day.
________________________