Chap 11 (Singing a song for Luna)

Morning

Luna's POV

"What am I doing here? Is it okay to make Shawn part of this shit? He raised his hand to help me and in return what's he having? My sick, stressed mental state? It's not even. Maybe I should leave this place. I can't let him become part of all this", I thought to myself when I opened my eyes.

I know very well that I don't have anywhere else to go but it would be unfair if I live here more. I tied my hair in a loose bun and headed toward Shawn's room to tell him about my final decision.

My feet stopped when I heard a sweet voice coming out of his room. He was sitting with a guitar and humming a song. I slowly walked in since his back was facing me.

"Baby let me live in your pain
Baby, you deserve all the happiness
Let's switch each other's lives
I'll live gladly in yours, seeing you smilin'

Baby your smile will heal all my wounds
Will take away all my pain so
Baby let's live each other's life
Don't be afraid of dark, let the night arrive

Baby, it feels so helpless
Standing in the corner of this room
Seeing you terrified looking for a moon
How many times do I try regardless"

"It's so magical", I wanted to listen more but my tongue slipped, making him turn around to face me.

"How are you feeling now?", he asked, patting at a place next to him.

"Good", I replied whilst sitting.

"In fact more good after hearing that song", I smiled.

"By any chance were you a singer in your past life?", I chuckled.

"No I wasn't", he quickly replied.

"But am in this life", he mumbled something that I couldn't hear.

"Anyway I gotta tell you something", maybe it wasn't the right time but I couldn't wait any longer.

"I also have something to tell you", he said.

"Okay you go first I'm sure it's something important", I looked at him. He placed his guitar at the side of the bed.

"It's about last night. Those men you were talking about", I cut him off saying "Let's not bring this up. I don't want you to be part of all---", this time he didn't let me finish.

"Were sent by my mom. They were delivery men. Mom accidentally gave them my address. They were here to deliver pizza to Aaliyah, my little sister", he looked down.

"Are you serious?", I asked.

"Yes", he replied in low voice.

"That's such a relief", I sighed.

"I'm sorry. It's a fault. Please forgi-", before he said something else, I hugged him.

"Thank you, Shawn. Thank you for keeping me here", I decided not to go after knowing the truth.

"And this ain't your fault. Don't think that again", he hugged me back, tighter.

"You can let go of me now", I said with a smile plastered on my face.

"Oh yeah", there he went again with his absurd behaviour.

"Let's have breakfast outside today", pushing me away he walked up toward his bathroom.

"You've ten minutes get ready", he entered the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, wore a light purple short skirt that was reaching my knees with a matching white shirt.

Wearing my sneakers, I did my hair and applied lip balm. I was always like this, a light year away from makeup since I've never had time for such type of things. Now that I was going to stay with Shawn, I was so happy.

I love the way he looks at me
I love the way he treats me
I love the way he hugs me
I love the way he cares about me
I love the way he gets worried about me.

"He's a good person", I was so lost in my thoughts when he snapped me out saying "Are you gonna stand there all day?"

"Let's go", he said and I smiled.

For the first time in my life, I was going out with a boy! I couldn't be happier!