Chap 38 (Wedding night)

Moon was shining above their heads, cool breeze of summer nights enlivening everyone's souls, string lights illuminating the darkness of night, twinkling in eyes of every person present on the location, the sound of water waves hitting the seashore, light breeze swaying white tulle curtains, aisle adorned with calla lilies, decorative metal lanterns hanging on the aisle creating a glowing wedding ambiance. Yes, an aesthetic wedding atmosphere. Today there arrived the day, not sure about everyone, but the two hearts that had waited for long.

A beautiful girl wearing a lace applique off the shoulder wedding dress with long sleeve walked down the aisle with Shawn's dad. Traditionally, the father walks daughters down the aisle but since Luna had lost hers, Shawn's dad stepped forward in a heroic way to walk the brave and plucky girl down the wooden aisle runner enriched with Easter Lillies on either side. But wait, Shawn was the one who committed the heroic act when he saved Luna from the bullet. Let's say, Manuel Mendes, obliged with the second leading act.

Then what about Brian?

Anyway, the couple is waiting for us. Let's save this conversation for some other time. Maybe for that time when Shawn and Luna will be on a honeymoon or busy in a hotel room, minding some serious shit behind that closed door?
Who knows?

Once Luna reached the altar, she was presented to the most handsome groom of the year, Shawn Mendes. He was wearing a complete tux including vest, black bow tie and tails, and shirt with dressed pants.

A whole meal to invite hungry cats!

Shawn dropped this bomb on his fans during an Instagram live.

One week before the wedding

After setting the phone on its stand, Shawn sat back on the swivel chair. Poking his cheeks with his tongue, the screen had his eyes jammed on it since he was waiting for fans to join the live stream. It wouldn't be wrong to say that he was nervous. In a few minutes, he would have been told his fans that he was going to get married to the girl of his dreams. Luna was in the kitchen, making muffins for his lovely muffin. Oh, she would eat him instead only if it were to be possible.

Well, she still could.

It had been two weeks since Shawn had proposed to her. She made it clear that it was okay if Shawn decided to tell his fans. Luna knew how important Mendes Army was for Shawn. They had been there since the beginning of his career.

"Hi, guys how's everyone doing? It's been only a month since the tour ended and I'm already missing it so badly. I just love the time when I stand next to you all, sing my heart out with everyone singing with me lyrics by lyrics. How mesmerizing it feels!", Shawn smiled fidgeting with his finger. Of course, he was nervous!

"We believe in you, Shawn! No matter what you do we will always support you in your every decision! We want you to be happy! We aren't just fans. We are your army. We are a family and family is supposed to support you, encourage you, disregarding your mistakes. Love you from Mars!!!", his eyes caught one of the thousands of comments popping on the screen.

"Mars? Do I've alien fans?", he cracked a joke to which all fans started commenting laughing emojis.

"Of course muffin! You're getting famous in space too."

When his fans read the confused expressions on his face, they started cheering his mood up.

"Aliens dance to your songs dude! They're sending their delegate to the Earth to have you convinced to play on their homeland. Nothing is holding them back 😂👽👽💗💓💙💜"

By now Shawn was a laughing mess. He was much relaxed than before.

"You guys are wildly funny", after laughing for minutes while reading his fan's comments, he had to steady himself on the chair.