Chap 36 (Blind date)

"Disgusting!", Shawn clicked his tongue in annoyance as he raised his hand to call the waiter over to his table.

"Do you want to order something now, Sir?", it was the fifth timing when he was being asked the same question.

He didn't believe why did he give in before Brian when he asked him to meet someone to feel some better. No one could make him feel the way his Luna did. He knew that. But still, he got agreed over this blind date.

Flashback

"Buddy, I think you should hang out with someone. You look like a sickened rusty ass who's waiting for its time to come to an end desperately", Brian sighed umpteenth time over his best friend lingering his mind in thoughts of someone whom he wasn't sure when to meet again, or if there was any chance of past to occur all over again for the sake of abandoned love.

In the eyes of the world, indeed, their love was abandoned by the queen of the fiction, but Shawn knew that his love would make it to him if it meant going against all the decisions of the writer of their fantasy love. He knew that his feeling was strong like a mountain rocks with the sun glowing at its top to attract back his Luna with all its intensity despite the opposition of writer who had only been made their lives to stand on verge of downfall. Partially, he was right enough to think this way. The day after they met each other, what had left to be faced by love birds? Abduction, depression, fabrications, recession, regression, threatening situations, only mentioning a few of happened incidents, it was natural for him to blame the writer. It wouldn't be an understatement to say that he couldn't ignore the very parallel side of the whole story. If any of the above hadn't happened, he wouldn't have gotten to meet Luna and learnt what he had been by now. Everything happened for a reason. But he wasn't ready to go for it yet. He wasn't ready to accept the fact that the writer was only doing the job. He didn't want to rely on the writer of their story for a happy ending though deep somewhere in his heart he kept asking for his love. He had put his trust and every fibre of hope in his love.

Would he meet her again if he kept waiting? Would they ever grow old together? Would he get to say those three words to her while looking into her eyes? Would they have a family?

These were the questions he was also unable to answer, nonetheless, nobody has forecasted the future. The writer had some other plans for them.

"Woah! I didn't know that you consider yourself a ghost. I mean I've been hanging with you all along", Shawn ridiculed glancing the clock. Brian threw a cushion in his direction that he effortlessly caught in between his hands.

"Waiting for someone you love has its perks", he responded in a quieter tone.

"And you don't need to waste your, both, mind and time over something stupid. I can see what you're coming to", though Shawn was spending half of his days either recalling memories or dreaming of the future with Luna he was all in his senses to see what Brian was up to.

"Get your adamant ass out of my room and never show up again!", it was rare to see Brian fuming at Shawn. Not only at Shawn. He was a kind of adjustable and an easy-going person.  What made change his behaviour all of sudden?

"Brain I know you're worried about me but please you don't have to. I-", Brain turned his face to the opposite side as an indication that he didn't want to hear his friend.

"Come on now", he jerked his hand while looking at Shawn only to give him a second to see in his eyes. Tears? Tears were covering Shawn's best friend's eyes.

"Brian?", to say that Shawn was shocked wouldn't be a lie.

"Go away", his best friend acting strange wasn't any new but and not making eye contact with him was the first time that happened in years of their friendship.