34. Kiss me

Yoongi hadn't moved an inch. He was just standing there with his back against the door, a million thoughts racing through his mind. He knew he must have looked ridiculous as he stared at the wall, barely even blinking, but his body had become paralyzed.

Just what had he gotten himself into? Was he completely insane? What about all the months he'd spent hating Hoseok? Did that just not mean anything to him anymore? And what about seeing him at school? What was he supposed to do then? How was he supposed to act?

"Yoongi?"

Just then, Yoongi was startled out of his thoughts by a familiar voice. He looked over to find none other than Namjoon, staring at him with his eyebrows raised.

"You too?" Namjoon asked, crossing his arms. He looked up towards the ceiling, rolling his eyes and sighing.

Now Yoongi was more confused than ever.

"What do you mean?" he asked, the palms of his hands beginning to sweat. Namjoon took a seat on the arm of the couch, looking extremely tired now.

"Well," he started, "I was gonna ask if you knew why Hobi has been standing on our doorstep for the past ten minutes staring into space, but it looks like you haven't moved at all either."

Yoongi stared at him, waiting for him to say he was joking, but Namjoon's face was nothing but serious. He slowly turned to face the door, as if he could somehow sense that someone was standing on the other side.

"H-he's still here?" Yoongi asked, suddenly feeling as if they weren't alone. Namjoon groaned into one of the couch pillows, running a tired hand through his disheveled hair.

"Yes! Make him go home! He's gonna freeze to death out there," he said, falling onto the couch now. "I can't go to sleep knowing he's right outside my window. And I've already been up for way too long facetiming Jin."

Yoongi's eyes suddenly lit up as he remembered the other guest they were supposed to have this evening. Why hadn't he showed up?

"Is something wrong with Jin?" Yoongi asked, finally realizing Namjoon seemed more worried than usual. There wasn't just exhaustion on his face, but a look of anxiety as well. It was the same expression he wore when he'd found Yoongi crying in his room that day.

"My poor baby has food poisoning, Yoongi. And there's nothing I can do to make it go away," Namjoon sighed, looking like he was going to be sick himself. Yoongi's heart sank at the site of how sad he looked, his anxiety starting to rub off on him now.

"Oh, Joon, it's not that big of a deal , he'll be okay," he said, trying to reassure him. But it didn't seem to make Namjoon feel any better.

"Yeah, but I don't like when he's sick. The fact that he's uncomfortable drives me crazy," he said, suddenly sitting upright now. He pulled out his phone and stared at it for a few moments, then quickly started dialing a number Yoongi couldn't see. "I'm calling him again," Namjoon declared, pushing himself off the couch. "Anyways, go tell your boyfriend that he needs to go home."

As he walked back to his room, Yoongi's face instantly turned a very deep shade of red. How was it that Namjoon realized these things before he even did? Then again, the guy did have an IQ of 148, so of course he'd be quick to catch on.

Yoongi took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he reached for the doorknob. The truth was, he felt ever so slightly embarrassed about kissing Hoseok, since he'd been the one to kiss him first the previous time as well. What was it that he'd told Yoongi earlier? That he made his brain stop working? Right now, that statement had never felt more true. He hadn't stopped to think about what would happen if he kissed Hoseok, or whether or not Hoseok would even want him to; he simply just acted upon his urges, following his heart.