Chapter 6: The Truth

When Hoseok got home that day, there were only two things on his mind:

1. Yoongi kissing him.

2. He was a horrible person and he wanted to die.

Seriously, what the hell was wrong with him? He didn't even deserve to be near Yoongi, much less be kissed by him. What made it worse was that Yoongi was actually happy to see him, even after he had broken up with him and cancelled his entire existence without any sort of explanation. He was a complete idiot, and he knew Yoongi deserved better.

And the kiss. It was so. Good.  He didn't know how badly he had been needing to feel Yoongi's lips on his, but as soon as Yoongi pulled him in, he had turned into a complete mess. Apparently there was still a very strong connection between them, but even so, the two of them could never end up together again. Not now, anyways. Hoseok just hoped Yoongi eventually found someone who wouldn't hurt him like he did. Yoongi deserved the world and more.

It was only 8:00, but Hoseok wanted to go to bed. He couldn't even bear the thought of waking up and having to go to school the next day. Now two people there hated him, along with the entire student council, he was assuming. He desperately wanted to disappear from the world.

~<>~<>~<>~

"You? And Min Yoongi? Wait, hold up, when did this even happen?"

As much as Hoseok had wanted to disappear, he still woke up the next day and ended up back at school. After he had told Yoongi the truth, he figured it was time he let Jimin and Taehyung know what happened last school year. He wanted his two best friends to know how horrible he actually was, otherwise he just felt wrong being around them. He had been prepared for them to walk away from him, but so far that didn't seem to be happening.

"Me and Min Yoongi. Better believe it," Hoseok replied. They were sitting at their usual lunch spot outside before school started, and right now it was too early for most people to be at school still.

Jimin and Taehyung were staring at him like he was a completely different person. Was it really that shocking? It was starting to just get awkward now.

"Min Yoongi. Isn't that the really quiet kid who always has his earbuds in?" Taehyung finally said, letting out a deep breath. "Does he even talk?"

"He does," Jimin said, nodding his head, "but I only ever see him talk to Namjoon. They must be really good friends."

Taehyung's eyes suddenly grew wide as he glared at Jimin, an obvious look of hurt on his face, but Jimin looked away and seemed like he didn't notice. Had he meant to do that?

"Yeah, they're really good friends," Hoseok said, still examining the two of them, "but they've never been anything more. He told me Namjoon is like a brother to him."

Hoseok saw a look of relief wash over Taehyung's face, but he could have sworn Jimin was irritated. He pretended like he didn't notice. Besides, he was probably just imagining things.

"Okay, so you cheated on him," Jimin said, arms crossed. He was acting more serious than usual. "I'm assuming with Jin, right? Or are there more secret boyfriends you've been hiding from us?"

Oh no. Was he mad now?

"Yes, it was with Jin," he replied, starting to feel anxious.

"But why?" Taehyung asked, looking at him like he was confused. "I know you're not a bad person, Hobi-hyung, but why would you do something like that?"

"Wait, is that why you and Jin broke up?" Jimin said. He was starting to put the pieces together. "And you never speak anymore? Does he know about you and Yoongi?"

Hoseok just nodded is head. He was right about everything.

"But why? Which one were you even dating first?"

The two of them were just sitting there, waiting for him to give an answer. But the answer was long and detailed, and he wasn't even sure if it mattered.

"Explain," they said, staring at him with their arms crossed. Did they really still care enough to know? Were they really not just going to leave him? He thought for a minute about what to say, and then he then let out a deep breath.

"Okay, I'll explain," he said, the two of them looking eager for answers. "It started with Jin."