0. The Fuckbuddy Story

A/N: I wish I was kidding with the title but I'm not 😭😭😭

Welp. This was by far the hardest chapter to write and I hope it's not the hardest to read😖  (Like I flipped off my computer at a certain character multiple times while typing and I don't think that's normal😭) We all gotta learn how it went down eventually tho 😒

~<>~<>~<>~

The Fuckbuddy Story

~A Wholesome Flashback to Summer Break~

And so Taehyung threw on some actual pants

Except when it came to Jimin, he never really "threw" them on.

More like he sat on the floor of his closet and carefully contemplated every clean pair of pants hanging in it for a solid five minutes, then carefully contemplated which shirt would look best with a pair of white Nike joggers for another five minutes, only to end up changing out of it just as he was about to open the door because, oh, wait, dang, his black Celine T-shirt would look soooo much better than a navy blue pocket tee.

Ten freaking years into having the fattest, most pathetic crush on his childhood best friend, Taehyung was still trying to look good for him somehow, and it was honestly like the stupidest thing ever considering he had about the same sexual entity of a lamp in Jimin's eyes.

At this rate, Taehyung was pretty sure water bottles and the neighborhood cats were getting more action with Jimin than he ever would, since he always stopped to hug and kiss them every single time one came near. Never in his life had Taehyung wished to be a cute, furry animal or a plastic container so, so badly.

You see, Taehyung was used to being in something called the 'friend-zone'.

And not just in the friend-zone, but like, deep, deep in the friend-zone.

So deep that Jimin referred to him as his "soulmate-- in a brotherly sort of way".

Dear lord. He was never getting the fuck out.

And even if they weren't best friends since the first grade and didn't have memories of themselves taking bubble baths together while playing with rubber sea creatures (Jimin always had to be the sparkly mermaid), it probably wouldn't have changed a thing, because Jimin didn't really, well... go for guys like Taehyung.

You see, if there was one thing Jimin and his alter had in common, it was that they both had a thing for overly cliche "bad boys". Or-- as Taehyung liked to put it— guys that treated everyone like trash except for Jimin, until eventually they treated him like trash as well.